Search for content in message boards

"Chicky Evans" 1951 Obituary Notice in Columbus, Ohio

Replies: 2

Re: "Chicky Evans" 1951 Obituary Notice in Columbus, Ohio

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Are you sure that Ersel's father/mother? was Earsel O'HICKEY? I am reasonably sure that Ersel and at least 5 siblings were the children of George H. and Estelle F. (nee Johnson) HICKEY.

I'll cut to the chase with this obit, who I believe was Ersel's olderst brother:
Alexis M "Alex" Hickey, age 78, passed away unexpectedly Monday February 12, 2001 at his home in Atlanta, NY. Alex was born Feb 23, 1922, in Rochester, NY, a son of George and Estelle (Johnson) Hickey. He was veteran of the US Army, serving in World War II. He was a former employee at Judge Automotive in Rochester for many years. He enjoyed NASCAR car racing, and for many years drove stock cars at the Perry Raceway in his younger years. He is survived by his life companion, Betty; one son Alexis M Hickey Jr., of Farmington; two grandchildren; one brother, Ersel Hickey of California. A memorial service will be held at 11:30 am on Thrusday, Feb 15, at the Walter E Baird & Sons Funeral Home, 100 E. Naples St., Wayland. Burial will be in Clearview Cemetery in North Cohocton. Contributions may be made to the charity of the donor's choice.

If you agree with my assumption, I have much more information on the family but very little on Chicky.

Bill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
knort4 29 Aug 2013 3:43PM GMT 
luvzsun 29 Aug 2013 9:54PM GMT 
knort4 18 Sep 2013 8:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic