Search for content in message boards

Look up obituary - Someone wasn't who they said they were

Replies: 6

Re: Look up obituary - Someone wasn't who they said they were

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a few of these situations in my line. I have one woman I tracked for over ten years ( obsession ). I found she had been legally married a minimum of five times, once in a name made up of various family info. However, though I have tracked religiously there is only one possible divorce thus the chaotic records. She would also list herself as a widow though all husbands were alive.

My great grandfather left a wife and six children and took up with a younger woman, my great grandmother. Until the time of her death, the first wife listed herself as his wife and eventually widow. My poor grandfather lived with this "scandal" as if it were the worst thing in the world.

I honestly think with poor record checking, people just became whatever was easiest to accomplish their goals. I.e. lying to marry when they were underage or already married.

But they do make life fun, you should have heard me when I finally puzzled out a possible place of death, different possible names, and "viola" I found her death certificate and burial after ten long years.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
stude66 16 Sep 2013 8:53PM GMT 
Leona L Gusta... 17 Sep 2013 5:07PM GMT 
stude66 17 Sep 2013 7:06PM GMT 
KarenMarkwell 17 Sep 2013 7:05PM GMT 
stude66 21 Sep 2013 8:33PM GMT 
stude66 21 Sep 2013 8:59PM GMT 
tkfarrow 21 Sep 2013 10:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic