Search for content in message boards

Lautenschlager/Pfeffer

Replies: 4

Re: Lautenschlager/Pfeffer

Posted: 9 Aug 2014 9:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Important update on Verena (Wigger) Pfeffer -the wife of Bavarian-born Joseph Pfeffer of Evansville, Indiana. She was born in Marbach-Canton Luzerene, Switzerland. She was the daughter of Nicholas Wigger and Elisabeth Schumacher of that same town. She emigrated with her family in 1842, settling in Ferdinand, Dubois County, Indiana. She met and married Joseph Pfeffer -Son of Joseph Pfeffer and Franzeska Wiederkehr of ?-Although there are Wiederkehr entries from Switzerland -also Mahrbach. This was verified in the St. Ferdinand Parish history.Verena's and Joseph's parents are all buried in the St. Ferdinand Parish cemetery in Ferdianand, (Dubois Co.) Indiana. I have seen these graves personally. Sadly, Verena's husband Joseph committed suicide by hanging in Evansville. The two are buried in St. Joseph Cemetery in Evansville. Verena and Joseph are the parents of Frank "Peck" Pfeffer who moved to Newark in 1905. He worked as an iron molder at Wehrle Company. He later owned Peck's Restaurant. He died in 1937. I met with another relative of the Wigger family in summer 2014, from whom I received this verifiable information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Peggy Donahue 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
wickedb32 4 Oct 2011 3:27PM GMT 
osugirly 11 Mar 2012 1:14AM GMT 
wickedb32 11 Mar 2012 10:57AM GMT 
pfeffer_17 9 Aug 2014 3:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic