Search for content in message boards

John D. Smith, died 1944, obit request/family inquiry

Replies: 4

Re: John D. Smith, died 1944, obit request/family inquiry

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2012 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Rarick, Glick, Glueck, Klick
Thank you very much for taking the time to look into the family. I am interested in them because they are neighbors to an ancestor of mine in the 1850 census in Troy and in 1860 in Cardington. Their children also share several names, though many of them are of course common. Additionally, in 1850 my ancestor lived with a John Smith (b. abt. 1777 in PA) old enough to be the father or uncle of John D. Smith Sr., so I have been searching for evidence to tie them together but have been unable to find any.

I really appreciate knowing that there were some Raricks in Union County. I could only find one listed there in the Snyder County marriages book I reviewed. My ancestor and his wife, Matilda Glick, were also from Union County, from somewhere in the Mosers Valley area.

The middle initial is important to me because my ancestor's son John's middle name was transcribed by a family member as Dilknow, which may be Dilnow, Delno, or a similar-sounding name. I was curious to see if this John D. Smith's middle name might match.

Finally, my ancestor's name was Joseph A. Smith. I have his full civil war pension file, but the only family members mentioned are his wife Matilda Glick and their children. Large numbers of the Glick family also moved to Fairfield Co.

Thank you again!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Elizabeth Rac... 14 Nov 2012 6:36PM GMT 
JohnWolfinger 18 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT 
Elizabeth Rac... 18 Nov 2012 9:34PM GMT 
1176 19 Nov 2012 5:09AM GMT 
Elizabeth Rac... 20 Nov 2012 3:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions