Search for content in message boards

Alvin K. Fouser

Replies: 5

Re: Alvin K. Fouser

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Doc Fouser (and I lose that term loosely) was a doctor in Summit County, Ohio - Mainly Akron. He was a private doctor and the Summit County Infirmary resident physician.

I wrote a book last year called Murder & Mayhem in Akron and Summit County. One of the chapters was about the infirmary and Alvin Fouser.

Fouser was either heartless or was just overwhelmed but none the less allowed many hundreds to die that could have easily been saved with proper treatment, diet and care.
He was also a proven 'body snatcher'. He had the bodies removed to a downtown Akron building where they were packaged as glass (fragile) and shipped off to various medical colleges, making $5 a body.
I'm torn on this because without this happening we would have never advanced as far as we did...well as quickly. But it was suspected that he purposefully let infirmary inmates die to make money.
After a long trial he, along with a handful of others, were all dismissed from the County Home. It didn't deter him - he still had a private practice elsewhere.

As for the family secret - we have that in our family too, maybe several. But whenever anyone would investigate we got the answer of "let sleeping dogs lie". I'm determined to someday know whats going on, just not sure how yet :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
roger3581 21 Aug 2003 7:48AM GMT 
BMaurer 21 Aug 2003 9:28PM GMT 
BMaurer 21 Aug 2003 9:35PM GMT 
spiritseeker1... 12 Jun 2012 12:56AM GMT 
lmarton9899 25 Mar 2013 4:24PM GMT 
spiritseeker1... 25 Mar 2013 9:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions