Search for content in message boards

Possible William PARKER family photograph need help

Replies: 4

Possible William PARKER family photograph need help

Posted: 10 May 2005 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I received this email from ENGLAND requesting help:
I reside in England and I am investigating my family history. My mother passed away in 2003 and in her possessions were many photos.

However there is one photo which intrigues the family and can not explain. I am hoping someone can help me.

It is believed in the family that in 1800s some of my family emigrated from Lincolnshire, England to USA. (We believe with the surname of either Smith, Summerby, Newcombe or Mitton.)

The unknown photo we possess was taken in Upper Sandusky Ohio, by a photographer named Trowbridge, we believe.

Details of the unknown photo we have are:

On the back it is inscribed " For Aunt Ellen, From William Parker. A merry Xmas and happy new year." The Aunt Ellen referred to is my great grandmother Eleanor Mitton (nee Smith) who died in 1919.

The front is a photo about 8 x 6 in a cardboard mount. (The mount is labelled "Trowbridge, Upper Sandusky, O.)

There are 7 men on the photo holding three photos of others (The eldest lady inside one of the photos is believed by us to be Mrs. Ann Summerby who died 1865). Under the photo the men's first names are listed and are listed as; William, Smith, George, Richard, Jim, John, Morris. How can I find if these names mean anything to anyone??

The photo looks to me like the early part of the twentieth century ?
If you are good enough to find someone to look at my picture, I can send a much better quality copy if you are broadband.
I am really hoping you can help me with my search for American relatives and if you can not but know someone who may be able to help, can you please forward this EMail to them. I would be grateful for any advice as to where I go next on my search.
Many thanks for any help you can give me in my quest.

Regards

Phil Stead
I have posted the photograph on this webpage:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohwyand2/jpg/people/parker.jpg

You will need to write directly to Phil in response, as he is not a member of this message board or the mailing list (to my knowledge)
His email address is on the photograph.
Although it would be nice if you also post a copy of your reply to the Wyandot County Message board, I would like to know if this gets resolved.
Thanks!
-Kris
Wyandot County webmom
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MsScarlet1957 10 May 2005 1:37PM GMT 
Phil S 4 Jul 2005 4:57PM GMT 
hdbm 22 Dec 2006 10:42PM GMT 
hdbm 22 Dec 2006 10:55PM GMT 
theLinda1 23 Mar 2013 1:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions