Search for content in message boards

Hook Family researchers

Replies: 1

Hook Family researchers

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 12:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hook
I am researching my Great Great Grandmother Iona Jane Hook (Smith). She was born July 4th 1845 in Illinois. I would like to be able to find out who her parents were. The only information I have is that her parents were both born in Ohio according to the 1880 census info. She is my Brick wall. I believe her father may have died when she was very young and her mother remarried, as I have found her in the 1850 census for Highland, Iowa County, Wisconsin census living with a William and Margaret Jennings. I had been unable to find her in the 1860 census until very recently, when I stumbled across a record for Sprigg, Adams County, Ohio, of a Jane Hook living in the household of Gideon and Elizabeth Games. Could this be my Great Great Grandmother? Did she become orphaned again between 1850-1860 and return to her fathers family? The next record I am absolutely sure of is her marriage in May 1865 to my Great Great Grandfather William M. Smith, in Chariton County Missouri. I am not sure how they met, or how/when she traveled to Missouri. She died at 38 years old so the last record I have of her is the 1880 census. I could really use some help if anyone has an idea or tips for me. Thanks
Stephanie Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LastSmithStan... 3 Jun 2013 6:04AM GMT 
thomasker2 9 Jun 2013 7:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic