Search for content in message boards

Kelleys in Carnegie

Replies: 16

Kelleys in Carnegie

John Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 12:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelley, Carter
I'm looking for information about a certain Kelley family that was in Carnegie, OK in the late 1800's to about the mid 1940's I would estimate.

More specifically I'm looking for information regarding John Milton Kelley. We know he was a blacksmith or ferrier in the town and that he is buried in an unmarked grave somewhere in Carnegie.

John Milton had a brother named Edward we think, we also belive he is buried in Carnegie.

John was married to Emma Falls, or at least we think that's her first name, we know that the surname was falls.

They had several children: James Willam Kelley (Bill), John Albert Kelley (my grandfather), Myrtle, Lucile, Jewel and Genelle. Genelle and Lucile may still be living but the family has fallen out of touch with them, I'm trying to track them down. Genelle may live in Texas and Lucile was in Fresno, CA last anyone had heard.

We know that John Albert was born in Carnegie on June 9, 1921. James Willam was born in 1904, but we don't know if he was born in Carnegie or somehwere else in OK.

John Albert married Irene Carter, we think in CA but not 100% sure of that either. We do know John Albert and James William came to CA during the dust bowl.

Whew quite a post! If anyone has any information I'd be extremely greatful. Getting information about my family tree is difficult at best. Unfortunately by the time I became interested most everyone that knew anything had passed away. :(

John D Kelley
From Bakersfield, CA, currently living in Des Moines, IA

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Kelley 31 Oct 2001 7:15PM GMT 
Lillian 8 Nov 2001 5:58PM GMT 
John Kelley 8 Nov 2001 7:51PM GMT 
John Kelley 9 Nov 2001 3:24AM GMT 
rae_cme 2 May 2002 5:04AM GMT 
Rachael Cowar... 21 Feb 2004 10:35PM GMT 
Fillmore_Caro... 12 Jan 2008 7:00PM GMT 
Fillmore_Caro... 12 Jan 2008 7:01PM GMT 
kimberlyblack... 25 Apr 2013 2:52AM GMT 
judyholley194... 24 Apr 2003 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions