Search for content in message boards

HOSKINSON-McCLAIN

Replies: 13

Re: Meek Genealogy

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 6:15PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Meek/Crockett
Dorothy, info I have found relating to Carroll Co, Ark is as follows: Jacob Clinton Meek was born 9-23-1823 in Marion Co, Tn. The Meeks were living in Carroll Co, Ark by 1832. According to the historian, Goodspeed, the Meeks and other families were part English and Cherokee. The half breeds were not appreciated by their neighbors, so in 1839 the neighbors formed a company of regulators and they whipped and complelled part of them to leave the county. By 1850 the Meek family was in Navarro Co., Tx. Jacob married and had two sons and two daughters.......the story goes on and ends with Jacob Clinton Meek having married Lucinda Barker (his 2nd wife) (first was Mary Ann Crockett). Jacob and Lucinda are both buried in Lytle, Atascosa Co., Tx.

I have just come across this info and feel that there may be some confusion on the Jacob Meek families. I am following Jacob Clinton Meek that married Mary Ann Crockett. Now I feel the need to find the truth about the similar Jacob Meek(s) living in the same eastern area of Tx at the same time. Using the 1850 Census...Jacob C in Milam-Williamson, Tx and the other two Jacob Sr and Jr in Navarro Co, Tx.

Would love any clarification you might have. Gail
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gahyatt50 23 Jul 2012 12:15AM GMT 
Valphipps 26 May 2002 9:19PM GMT 
Valphipps 27 May 2002 8:51PM GMT 
samanthahoski... 16 Oct 2010 6:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions