Search for content in message boards

William Anton Albers - Obituary

Replies: 3

William Anton Albers (Uncle Bill's) - Letter explaining the family relationships

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: ALBERS, MEINZ, WITTE, GADEMEIER / KÖTTKEMEYER, KÖHLER / KOEHLER, WITTROCK, MUNSTERMANN
Uncle Bill Albers’ Letter, I believe is written to Herman Albers' descendant:

Yes; I Trust I can tell you about Marvin Albers. His grandady was Henry Albers and his grandma before marriage was Louisa Wittrock from around Stover too. “Henry Albers” Marvin’s grandpa was half brother to George and Crist also Anna (Albers) Munsterman. And George Christ and Anna were half brother and sister to your dady Bettie and myself. and Emma But us latter four were no blood Kin to “Henry” Marvin’s granddady. You see my father’s first wife was a widow she had two boys by a former marriage named Gademeier But her two boys went by the name of Albers after their mother’s death. And later my father married Mary Witte (my Mother) your dady and Bettie. “Henry Albers” Marvin’s Granddady had a full brother John by name he never married. In the latter years of his life he made his home mostly with George, my half brother. He died at a pretty good old age at Mora Mo with George. John was the oldest of the two boys, John and Henry. John was buried on our church cemetery North of Stover I put a little grave marker on his grave seven or eight years ago. “Henry” Marvin’s granddady had quite a number of boys and one girl. The oldest boys name was Henry he became a school teacher. Next oldest I believe was William. Two of the boys named Fred and Walter live in California and their sister lives in Falls City Neb. I wonder if Louisa Albers (Wittrock) is still living. She was a few years ago. Lived with her daughter in Falls City Neb.
I get some of this information from the Munsterman girls WK. Dro. Tild (?) and Lula. Their mother Anne was half sister to him.

I do not know when this letter was written, but my great grandmother, Louisa Wittrock Albers who married Henry Kottkemeyer Albers died in 1956.
My great grandfather was Henry Gademeier/Katzmeyer/ Kottkemeyer/ or however you want to spell it. He and his full brother, John took his step-father's name: Albers, my maiden name. My grandfather was Henry, the Lutheran school teacher mentioned in the letter.

Uncle Bill ties the three families together.
Henry Gademeier/Kottkemeyer and Sophia Meinz
John Henry Albers and Sophia Meinz Kottkemeyer Koehler (Albers was her third husband.)
John Henry Albers and Mary Witte
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
colagirl5606 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
tjalpers 29 Jan 2009 7:59PM GMT 
laudic1 14 Apr 2009 10:04AM GMT 
atawyasutherl... 14 Nov 2010 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions