Search for content in message boards

Oklahoma Children's Home Society-- Noah Wickham

Replies: 1

Re: Oklahoma Children's Home Society - Dorothy Lee Mored

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mored, Cleveland, Krebs
I found this posting about the Oklahoma Children's Home Society on Ancestry.com. I have a similar story. My husband's grandmother was placed in the home and adopted from there. Her information is below. If anyone has any information about records from the home, I would be greatly interested!! My email is shelly_harshman@q.com, and I live in Idaho. Thank you!!

Dorothy Lee Mored, born 17 Dec 1922 in Oklahoma City, OK
Birthmother: Willie Jewell Cleveland Mored, born 2 Mar 1905
Birthfather: Parfirio Mored, (possibly immigrated from Mexico with his brother Ore Mored in 1915)
Birthparents married: 6 Mar 1920, Caddo County, OK (I have a copy of the marriage licence)
At some point, Dorothy is given to the Oklahoma Children's Home Society.
Adoption: 15 Oct 1925, in Oklahoma County, OK (I have a copy of the Adoption Decree - she was 2 years, 10 months old)
Adoptive parents: Henry H. Krebs and Julia Leona Dennis Krebs
Child's new name: Colleen Frances Krebs
An attorney for the society appeared before the court and consented to the adoption, leading us to believe the parents had legally given up parental rights earlier.
The birthmother's name on the adoption decree is "Willie Mored". She remarried a few years later and had two children and died in 1997.

Colleen grew up to be my husband's grandmother. She passed away in 1997, she married three times and had ten children.

I am looking for information about when/why Dorothy was given to the Children's Home, and whether there were any siblings with her. Her birthmother, Willie, was 15 years and 2 weeks old when she married, but Dorothy wasn't born until almost two years later. Willie's mother, Dollie Goldston Cleveland, signed as a witness on Willie & Parfirio's marriage license. A license that lists her as 17 years old. A huge fib - we have multiple census records and her social security death index record that clearly establish her age. Family rummor leads us to believe there was another sibling. We think she may have gotten pregnant, married quickly, later had another child (Dorothy) and then something happened to her husband and she was forced to give up the children. Or possibly, the older child had already died by the time she had to give up Dorothy.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
konlibby 14 Jul 2009 3:19AM GMT 
eric_harshman 6 Nov 2012 2:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic