Search for content in message boards

Virginia and Mabel Bell Smith Crescent, OK

Replies: 1

Re: Virginia and Mabel Bell Smith Crescent, OK

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 11:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Rhonda I have found nothing to indicate that Sarah and J H Eddings was married. 22 october 1880 Allen Singleton Eddings, Singleton is a Pidcock name and I have read that Catherine is buried in Grayson County,Sarah Bell probably wouldn't have named a pidcock name. If you remember Singleton is my G Grandpa's name. He was named for a Clerk in the Courthouse in Crawford Missouri who went extra mile to get Rosannah pidcock Mathews, her husband pension. I have no idea where Catherine. The only JOhn i found in Occela Cemetery in custer is a 10 year old child. I had read that J H is buried in one of the surrounding counties. I have looked and looked haven't found his remains yet. I did find Allen Singleton Eddings living with a sister Mabel Mae in Bennington Oklahoma. I think they grew up with a family member but don't know which one. I know Lyle my G Grandfather was living there for short time but not long was abt the time Zed Maws Pidcock (his son)died
from ruptured appendix and died from (spelling went south) however it was from infection dumping into body cavity was a very hard infection hard to treat now. I feel Baker died abt 1876 in Washington Arkansas, I have no idea where he is buried. I know that Nancy was living next door to Florence Mae Holt and family., Baker Caswell Eddings and Mary G Pidcock she was listed as Eddings also but Nancy was named the mother. I know they probably lived pretty close to the border of Grayson and Collin, Nancy was living in Collin., I also know that John Henry was held in Virginia after he was captured in CW the second time he was released after the War. But was held until in the area. From Virginia to Severs County Arkansas is a long way. He probably had his feet pretty much to get back. He was probably very hungry and probably very week so it took some time I feel that he got back and he and Margaret Catherine Married maybe 1866 since Aaron was born 1867 and then Lucinda Elizabeth came before the 1870 census, I have seen nothing to prove the other dates however he was single when he joined the military. He signed up in 1862, I feel catherine was in Hospital maybe confined. There was T B in those days in Texas yes they kept them in hospital her burial may have been in cemetery on the hospital grounds.
EDDINGS, G. - Captured 11 Jan 1863 at Arkansas Post, AR.
EDDINGS, ISAAC Pvt - Enl 1 Jun 1862 in Sevier Co, AR. Captured 11 Jan 1863 at Arkansas Post, AR and sent to Mp at Camp Douglas, IL. Died of dysentery 3 Mar 1863 at Camp Douglas, IL.
EDDINGS, J.H. Pvt Enl 1 Mar 1862 in Sevier Co, AR. Captured 11 Jan 1863 at Arkansas Post, AR and sent to MP at Camp Douglas, IL paroled 3 Apr 1863 and delivered to City Point, VA 10 Apr 1863 and released. Deserted and was captured 9 Nov 1863 at Bridgeport, AL. Took oath 18 Nov 1863 and was released to remain north of the Ohio River. Ht 5' 10", eyes hazel, hair drk complx drk.
John Henry Eddings
These are 3 Eddings from Sever County probably close family maybe brothers I need more on J H parents. by the time J H went to CW, Caswell his father had passed.
The Virginia in Crescent Cenetery died 1936 I don't know who you have for husband I have Jerry Smith b 1866 in Missouri
Here is some info off the Indian Application
Special Commissioner of the Court of Claims. Washington DC
Re: Document., List of Question of John Henry Eddings Residence Occola, Custer, Oklahoma USA Question 1-2-3-4-
Question 5 How Old are you? 63__Years born Oct 10 1843 -- Where were you born. > Within 18 Miles of Nashville, Tennessee.
Are you married ? Ans. Wife died in 1882
Name of all your Children who were living on May 28 1906.
1. Aaron Henry Edding born in Arkansas______40 Years old
2. Lucinda Elizabeth Eddings __Arkansas,______________37 years old
3. Virginia Clementine Eddings__Arkansas_____________ 35 Years Old
4. William Jason Eddings_____Arkansas_______________ 33 years Old
5. Baker Caswell Eddings _____Arkansas_______________31 Years old
6. Mabel Mae Eddings_________Arkansas________________29 Years old
7. George S Eddings_________Texas __________________27 years Old
8 Allen Singleton Eddings_____Texas__________________25 years old. >>>>> Depending on the date there are 3 birth years, 1880 Death Record - 1881 and 1882. This is a big question. The date of birth on the Death Record is 22 Oct., 1880 Death : 12 Jan., 1952 This is for Allen Singleton Eddings. Findagrave Memorial Link for Allen. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=64...
Source Citation: Year: 1920; Census Place: Bennington, Bryan, Oklahoma; Roll: T625_1454; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 31; Image: 730.
The last of the children were the ones to be born in Texas and the rest Arkansas.
Back to the lady in Crescent Cemetery she shares a Headstone with Husband Franklin E Smith He passed in 1919 need to find a marriage record for Virginia someone may have made mistake I did to if this is your lady. I did find her husband in the census with her daughter Mary lee but hubby was gone 1920 I think it was. Marriage record might make some sense. But unless you can post and some kind sole in Logan county might have I If its Franklin that might just turn into something.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RBrown1301 19 Mar 2011 2:46AM GMT 
4thefunofgene... 14 Jan 2013 6:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic