Search for content in message boards

Virginia and Mabel Bell Smith Crescent, OK

Replies: 1

Virginia and Mabel Bell Smith Crescent, OK

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information about Virginia Smith, who is buried in the Crescent Cemetery. There is a possibility she may be my great-grandfather's older sister.

The 1920 Logan County census shows Virginia Smith living on Locust Street in Crescent. She was a 51 year old widow with a 10 year old adopted daughter, Mabel Bell Smith. Virginia passed away in 1936 and the Crescent Cemtery survey lists her birth date as 1860, which would have actually made her 60 years old in 1920. I'm hoping there might be an obituary or funeral home records that would help me determine if she is the Virginia Smith I'm looking for.

My great-grandfather's older sister was Virginia Clementine Eddings, born in 1871 in Washington County, Arkansas or possibly southwestern Missouri. Her parents were John Henry Eddings and Margaret Catherine Pidcock. Virginia married Jerry Smith in Dewey County, Oklahoma on October 25, 1906, and had a daughter named Mary, born around 1908. On the 1910 census, Virginia was a widow living in her father's household in Custer County, Oklahoma. The last official record I have of her is that she was the executrix of her father's estate after his death in 1915.

It's interesting that the Virginia Smith in Crescent had a daughter named Mabel Bell because Virginia Eddings Smith had a younger sister named May Bell, who shows up on some of the census records as Mabel.

I would appreciate any information that might be available about Virginia Smith in Crescent and her daughter Mabel.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RBrown1301 19 Mar 2011 2:46AM GMT 
4thefunofit 14 Jan 2013 6:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions