Search for content in message boards

Chickasaw Nation Records

Replies: 4

Re: Chickasaw Nation Records

Posted: 5 Nov 2008 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris
Sorry to say you might try a the funeral home that did the service. I was lucky my GGrandfather died in Chickasaw Nation IT (OK) The death records did not become law in the state of Oklahoma until 1908 and I have tried to locate something on my GGrandmother who passed 1917 also GUncle who passed 1927 with no luck. I have tried the Vital Records and the Historical Society in OKC it is the archival reprository for the Native American Records. They do lookups for a small fee. If you down near Ardmore you might depending on what area your looking might try the Genweb pages I have had pretty good luck on some of them I would try the Garvin County Genweb page and look at the links on the index page and look for the Kinard Archives,that nice lady did a lot of research and record collecting. That is where I have also had some luck on the prestatehood stuff. Carter County genweb has also a nice listing names in the cemetery's.
Lillie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dejakitty 13 Apr 2008 6:11PM GMT 
4thefunofit 5 Nov 2008 3:36PM GMT 
4thefunofit 5 Nov 2008 3:39PM GMT 
pelam2001 6 Nov 2008 12:58AM GMT 
4thefunofit 6 Nov 2008 2:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions