Search for content in message boards

Native ancestors

Replies: 2

Native ancestors

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Miles, Stanley, Grooms, Cooper, Lockhart, Hatfield, Moler, Willson
My grandmother told my mother, just before she died that she was one half Native American. My grandmthers madin name was May Belle Wilson, her fathers name was Bluford Willson,his fathers name was John Willson, born 1831, Hendricks county IND.USA.his fathers name was Bluford Willson born around 1805, his wifes name was Martha Lockhart.John Willson and his brother Bluford jr. moved to ILL.USA. in 1850, they lived in Sangamon, ILL.USA. then in 1859 they moved to Montezuma Iowa,USA. they lived in franklin county Iowa,USA. in 1870 census.John Willson had a cousin named Alex Crane Willson who was married to Cloey Elizabeth Spitle.They had a daughter named Mary Izora Willson born 1851 in Milledgeville, Iowa,USA. she married a Cornelous Corwin Moffet in Montour , Iowa USA.in 1869, They had a son born in Tama, Iowa reservation USA. his name was Duren Willson Moffet born Dec. 15, 1870. he died in Barney, North Dakota USA.Jan.5,1947.his mother Mary Izora Moffet died Nov. 15,1936 in North Platte, Lincoln Nebraska.USA.John had a son named Bluford born 1859ILL. USA.died 1923 Leon, Iowa, USA. he married Amanda Melvina Hatfield in 1876 they had two daughters May Belle my grandmother and her sister Izora. Amanda's grandmother was Sarah Stanley she is on the 1817 Cherokee emigration rolls .My gggrandmother on my grandfathers side was named Ruhama Moler, she was born in Green county ,Ohio USA. in 1920, her fathers name was John Moler(Mohler)born in VA.USA. in 1798,her mothers name was susan Grooms, she had a sister named Mariah Grooms who married a Cherokee named Jabez Eagle, on my Hale side my ggggrandmther was Susan Miles, she was Powhatten I am told. I need a close connection to explain my Native features, that is why I have been searching for thirty years. Thank you for reading this. Jerry Hale
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
templar1200 29 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Jayne Riggs 20 Sep 2011 5:39AM GMT 
Hale_Jerry 20 Sep 2011 4:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic