Search for content in message boards

Martha, John C.& Clara Brooks

Replies: 1
Posted: 13 Jul 2004 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Laurel:

I found a listing for Martha and the others but some of the information doesn't match:

Martha A. Brooks and Frank B Gamble were married in Marion County on September 21, 1910.

Martha Alice Brooks Gamble was born on Sept 28, 1888.

In 1930 this same Martha Alice Gamble age 41 was living at 815 East 72nd St N in Portland. She was listed as divorced and worked as a bookkeeper for a shipping company. Also in the house was Martha J Gamble daughter age 18 who worked as a clerk in an office; and Angeline Morrill grandmother age 84 and widowed.

I found Martha A Gamble who passed away on April 12,1947 in Portland.

In 1900 Laura Brooks had remarried to Alfred Flora and they lived in Walla Walla with John and Clara Brooks.

John age 15 was born Dec 1884 in Oregon
Clara age 12 was born in May 1888 also in Oregon.

In 1920 John C Brooks age 35 was living in Multnomah County Portland on Jefferson St with his wife Rose M age 34 born in Michigan. John was employed as a driver for a grocery store.

In 1930 I found John C here:

> 1930 United States Federal Census > Washington > Clark > Chelatchie > District 11

John age 45 worked as a laborer at a logging camp and lived with Marie age 45.

I found a listing for a Clara Brooks:
Name Lyons, Chester W & Brooks, Clara
Date 06-06-1906
Record Type Marriage
County Multnomah

In 1910 Chester and Clara were living in Portland-the enumerators handwriting is hard to decipher as to the address.

Lyons, Chester W Head/age 23/married once for 3 years/born Wisconsin/works as a teamster
Lyons, Clara wife age 23/married once/married 3 years/1 child born-1 living/Oregon/Illinois/Indiana
Lyons, Verna Daughter age 3 born Oregon

In 1920 the family lived in Multnomah County Brentwood District: (On this census he is indexed as Charles born in Missouri but looking at the census you can clearly read Chester born in WIsconsin)
Chester Lyons Head age 33 married Truck Driver for Express Company
Clara Lyons Wife age 32 born Oregon
Verna M Lyons Daughter age 12 born Oregon
Chester F Lyons Son age 5 born Oregon

In 1930 I found this Clara age 43, widow born Oregon was a patient in the Oregon State Hospital Insane Asylum.

Here's her husband's death information:
Name: Lyons, Chester W.
County: Portland
Death Date: 28 Mar 1925
Certificate: 841

Hope this helps with your search-you'll have to decide if this is right family or not.
Laura

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Laurel 11 Jul 2004 12:44AM GMT 
lauraannnelso... 14 Jul 2004 3:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions