Search for content in message boards

Nelson Walling & Mary Agususta "Gussie" Freeman Walling - Death / Divorce info/Multiple Marriages?

Replies: 2

Nelson Walling & Mary Agususta "Gussie" Freeman Walling - Death / Divorce info/Multiple Marriages?

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Marlatt, Walling
I'm looking to confirm the identity of the spouse of Nelson Walling - "Gussie" Walling.

Mary Augusta "Gussie" Walling
B) March 1871, Alabama

married to

Nelson Walling
B) 1852(ish), Oregon

on

13 Nov 1889, in Boise, Ada, Idaho.

However, there is a marriage for Boise for Nelson Walling to an Ollie Marlatt (Olive?) on 31 Dec 1883 as well but I find no records of a divorce so I'm not sure if this is him.

(Gussie and Nelson show up on the 1900 census for Portland, Multnomah, Oregon - though the index of "Gussie's" name is "Genie")

On the 1910 census for Nelson Walling for Portland, Multnomah, Oregon - he is listed as "Widowed"

On the 1920 census for Nelson Walling for the Multnomah County Farm (Poor House) for Portland, Multnomah, Oregon he is also widowed.

On the 12 Nov 1923 Oregonian newspaper there is a death notice for Nelson saying there was a funeral notice to be posted later and he was survived by a daughter Mrs. O. W. Gweet (Sweet?) but no funeral notice appeared (that I can find) in the subsequent newspaper editions for him. (I can find no marriage info for a Gweet/Walling combo either).

I am looking for

1) death info for Gussie
2) and any divorce info that there might be for Olive (Ollie) if she did marry Nelson
3) A cemetery for Nelson and Gussie
4) Marriage info for the Walling daughter to a Mr. Gweet

Nelson's parents are Jerome Bishop Walling (1809-1897)and Sarah Leverton Walling (1814-1890).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
millicanmd 2 Jan 2013 12:01AM GMT 
barbdale_1 2 Jan 2013 8:04PM GMT 
barbdale_1 2 Jan 2013 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic