Henry Sefton 1779-1840

Replies: 0

Henry Sefton 1779-1840

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: SEFTON, QUINN

Last will and testament of Henry Sefton

In the Name of God amen. I Henry Sefton of Bufaloe Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania, being of sound mind and memory but advanced in years and knowing that all must die do make this my last will and testament. In the first place I desire that my executors see that I be buried in a decent and christian like manner and as to my worldly Estate I make the following disposition thereof. In the first place and I give and bequeath to my beloved wife if she survives me the one third part of my personally estate absolutely and the one third part of the profits of my real estate during her natural life and I have already made the provision which I intend for my sons Edward, James, John and Henry and also give to my married daughter Jane the principal part which I intended. I do hereby will and bequeath to the said Jane who is married to Bicket the sum of fifty dollars and I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Ann the sum of two hundred dollars altogether with such household and other property known as hers and which she has earned by her industry and to my daughter Catharine I give and bequeath the like sum of two hundred dollars together with such househould and other property known as hers and which she has earned by her industry and to my son William Sefton I give devise and bequeath the place plantation and farm on which I now live in fee simple together with all the rest and residue of my estate after satisfying all claims against me or hereby improved by this will and I do hereby constitute and appoint my son William and my son in law Matthew Bicket Executors of this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 13th day of Dec. 1838.

Henry Sefton

Signed sealed published and
executed in the presence of
John Gilmore
B F Gilmore
-----------------------
Butler County SS

Personally appeared before me the subscriber Register for the probate of wills and granting letters of administration in and for said County John Gilmore Esq one of the subscribing witnesses to the written will and being duly sworn according to law desposeth and saith that he was present at the office in the Borough of Butler on the 13th day of December 1838 and saw the said Henry Sefton subscribe his name to the written will publishing it at the same time to be his last will and testament in the presence of B. F. Gilmore one of the subscribing witnesses who is absent at proving of the within will and that he appeared to this deponent to be of sound memory and understanding and that this deponent at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other subscribed his name as witness thereof. John Gilmore.
Sworn and subscribed before me
this 3rd day of January AD 1849
Joseph M. McQuistion, Register

=======

Butler County SS

Personally appeared before me the subscriber Register for the probate of wills and granting letters of administration in and for said County Samuel A. Gilmore who being duly qualified according to law saith he is acquainted with the hand writing of B. F. Gilmore one of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing will and believes the name B. F. Gilmore subscribed to said will as a witness is the proper handwriting of the said B. F. Gilmore who is now absent as his deponent believes from this State that he is acquainted with this handwriting of Henry Sefton the testator and believes the name subscribed to the said will to be the proper handwriting of the said Henry Sefton and further saith not.
Samuel A. Gilmore
Sworn and subscribed before me
the 3 day of February AD 1849.
Joseph M. McQuestion, Reg.

======

Be it remembered that on the 3rd day of February AD 1849 letters testamentory were duly issued to Matthew Bicket executor in the above will appointed after being duly sworn according to law to administer the good and chattle right and credits of the said deceased and make a true and perfect inventory there of and exhibit the same into the registers office within 30 days of the time of administration granted and a first account and settlement thereof in one year or when hereunto legally required.

Joseph McQuistion, Reg.

Find a board about a specific topic