Search for content in message boards

Cameron's Castle: from Scotland to SC to IL

Replies: 0

Cameron's Castle: from Scotland to SC to IL

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't have a lot of information Apparently Thomas was born in the auld country and in Charles Town, SC by 1767 where Thomas, JR was supposedly born c 1800. This Thomas was the 4th family to move to Cass Township, Fulton County, IL. He arrived about 1824.

It should be understood there was more than one marriage between the Cameron and Cannon families of Fulton County. I have few dates.

Nancy Cameron 180-1871 m. Benjamin Cannon and had 10 children.
John Cannon m. Mary Jane Sherwood
...Telitha Cannon m. William Warfield
Permilla A. Cameron m. James F. Cannon and move to MN about 1858.
...John Hawthorne Cameron m. Mary Watson and they had James A., Alice, Martha, Elizabeth, Phoebe, Hanna K., and Sarah Ellen Cameron
...James Augustus Cameron "Jim Gus" m. Diantha Hinderlighter
......Dena A. m. Albion Little, and sec on after she was widowed.

Cameron, Canon, Warfield and Little are related by birth and marriage. These were large faming families who customarily had 10 or more children. There was many opportunities to marry neighbors. Telitha Cannon Warfield, for instance, married my grandmother'c uncle and had 12 children..

Mother said it was as easy to find 100 cousins in ten unrelated families as was to find double cousins, and cousins "three ways". .

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions