Search for content in message boards

Jacob Crawford m. Mary Shirk late 1700's Columbia Co., PA

Replies: 3

Re: Jacob Crawford m. Mary Shirk late 1700's Columbia Co., PA

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Jacob was born after 1749 and lived in then Northumberland County which became Columbia County and later Montour County, Pennsylvania. He did have a son named David but he was one of 6 known sons. Also his surviving children on the 1880 census stated their father was born in Pennsylvania. From subsequent research since my last posting I suspect that Jacob is a son of James Crawford, although I have not identified which one as there were at least three in the area. I have a paper trail of dealings with James Crawford, Jr., Moses Crawford, Peter Crawford, John Crawford and Wiliam Crawford. I suspect James Sr is the father and the rest are siblings or cousins but I have no proof. Jacob was married twice, first to an unknown spouse and second to Mary Shirk who died in Union County, Pa at her daughter's home. One daughter went to Ohio and a son went to Illinois. The rest stayed in Pennsylvania. So far I have found no connection to North Carolina. I wish I could help, but so far I see no connection. Good luck in your search and thank you for your post.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CJoiner5341 12 Sep 2002 4:26AM GMT 
Sidney L. Williams 18 Sep 2002 10:42PM GMT 
aconway1932 11 Feb 2013 5:30AM GMT 
Carole_Joiner 11 Feb 2013 9:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic