Search for content in message boards

Otenberger Burials Sought for Franklin County, Likely Chambersburg

Replies: 0

Otenberger Burials Sought for Franklin County, Likely Chambersburg

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 11:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Otenberger, Miller, Shaffer, Tritte, Krepps
I am trying to locate three Otenberger burials that may be found in the Chambersburg area of Franklin County.

I am looking for William E. Otenberger (b. 1880), his first wife, Harriet E. (Tritte) Otenberger (1885-1913), and his second wife, Sara Jane (Krepps) Otenberger (1888-1936).

Harriet was born about 1885 and died 23 Jun 1913 in Chambersburg.

William then appears to have moved to Cumberland County and married Sara Jane Krepps. She was born about 1888 and died 11 Dec 1936 in Harrisburg.

In 1950 he married a third time to Rosie A. (Shaffer) Miller. She died in 1969 and was buried with her first husband, William H. Miller.

What happened to William Edward Otenberger I cannot say. There is a William Otenberger born in 1880 and died in 1964 on the Social Security Death Index that would seem to fit him, but the birth date is different from the World War registrations I have.

I've tried looking through the Pennsylvania Death Index with no luck, the database for the Harrisburg cemeteries, and what info I could find for the Cumberland County cemeteries. The database for the Harrisburg cemeteries does not include Harrisburg's largest cemetery and I know the Cumberland County USGenWeb website is not entirely complete, Rolling Green Memorial Gardens being a prominent cemetery missing from there.

I'd like to definitely rule out Franklin County where he was born and raised and where his first wife is likely buried. I have no clue about the second wife.

Find a board about a specific topic