Replies: 9

Last Will and Testament of Samuel Waters 19 Dec 1903, Probated 1 Sept 1905

Posted: 15 Oct 2002 12:35PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 24 Sep 2003 10:42AM GMT
Surnames: WATERS, FLEMING, JACKSON, BLAIR, MCMURTRIE, KELLY
Huntingdon Co., PA
Will Book 17, pages 414-415

I, Samuel Waters, of Tell Township, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, make this my last will. First, I direct that all of my debts, the expenses of settling my Estate &c. shall be paid out of my personal estate, or if that is not sufficient to pay the debts, then the real estate shall be sold in the following order, first my interst in the farm owned with R. Morton Fleming; second the mountainland and then the farm on which I now reside, and the ridge land connected with it. Second: I direct that the sum of one hundred dollars $100 shall be paid to Emma Jackson formerly Wilson, for whom I was guardian. This sum is to be in full of any amount which may be due to her from me as her guardian. Third: All of the remainder of my estate I give to the Executor hereinafter named to be held by him for the following purposes. He is to rent the real estate, and invest the personal estate, and out of the income therefrom apply as much as is necessary to the proper and comfortable support of my daughter, Martha E. Waters, until she arrives at the age of twenty five (25) years. If the income is not sufficient for her support, &. then the principal shall be used for that purpose. Fourth: After my daughter arrives at the age of twenty five years, I direct that the whole estate shall become her absolute property, for herself, her heirs and assigns. If she should die before reaching the age of twenty five, leaving issue, the estate whall go to such issue. If she should died before that age without issue, the estate shall go to my four (4) sisters share and share alike, or to the issue of any who are now dead, or who shall hereafter die. Fifth: I appoint my friend, J.M. Blair, of Blairs Mills, Tell Township, executor of this will and guardian of my daughter Martha E. Waters during her minority, and also trustee thereafter, and I authorize him as executor, guardian or trustee to dispose of my personal or real estate at either private or public sale, and upon any terms that he may think to the best interest of my estate, and I empower him to execute deeds &c. for sale of the real estate. I also request him to consult my friend E.S. McMurtine in matters pertaining to the estate. Witness my hand and seal this 19 December 1903.
Samuel Waters (seal)
Witness:
James Kelly
Clara McMurtrie

Date of Death of Samuel Waters
Huntingdon County, S.S.
Before me, Register for the Probate of Wills and granting Letters of Adminstration, in and for said County, personally appeared John M. Blair, who being duly sworn, doth depose and say that Samuel Waters, late of Tell Township, died on or about the 27th day of August 1905 at 2 o’clock P.M. to the best of his knowledge and belief.
J.M. Blair
Sworn and subscribed this 1st day of September, A.D. 1905 before E.E. Enyeart, Register

County of Huntingdon, S.S.:
This 1st day of Sept. A.D. 1905, before me, E.E. Enyeart, Register for the Probate of Wills and granting Letters of Administration in and for the County of Huntingdon, personally came Clara McMurtie & James Kelly, the subscribing witnesses to the above will, and being duly sworn according to law, did depose and say that they were present and saw and heard Samuel Waters testator sign, seal, publish, pronounce and declare the foregoing instrument of writing as and for his testament and last will, and that at the time of so doing, he, the said testator was of perfect and sound mind, memory and understanding, to the best of their knowledge, observation and belief.
Clara McMurtrie
James Kelly
Sworn and subscribed before me.
E.E. Enyeart, Register

Now, Sept. 1st A.D. 1905, the foregoing writing, having been proven according to law, is admitted to probate as the Last Will and Testament of Samuel Waters, late of Tell Twp., Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania.
E.E. Enyeart, Register

Letters Testmentary issued on the Estate of Samuel Waters
On the 1st day of September A.D. 1905, Letters Testamentary in common form were issued on the Estate of Samuel Waters, late of Tell Township, deceased, to J.M. Blair.
E.E. Enyeart, Register
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KathrynMDoyle 15 Oct 2002 6:35PM GMT 
Ken Jones 15 Oct 2002 10:31PM GMT 
JamesKelley68 17 Jul 2006 3:47PM GMT 
Kenneth Jones 18 Jul 2006 12:54AM GMT 
woodsandra50 6 Aug 2008 4:51AM GMT 
Kenneth Jones 6 Aug 2008 11:10AM GMT 
woodsandra50 7 Aug 2008 1:10AM GMT 
jojensagain 9 Mar 2013 1:23AM GMT 
Kenneth Jones 9 Mar 2013 4:20PM GMT 
jojensagain 9 Mar 2013 5:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions