Search for content in message boards

Lane/Peck/Young/Hayes

Replies: 1

Re: Lane/Peck/Young/Hayes

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have you keyed these names into your tree with whatever information you know about them, such as birth or death dates? When I look at your tree, everyone but "Elder" is indicated as private, meaning they are probably still living. If you put in what you know, hopefully ancestry will kick out some hints for you to search and verify. If you are just beginning in your searches, be sure to verify information before attaching... often similar names may look tempting, but will send you up the wrong tree. If you don't know exact dates of birth but think it was (as example) around 1910, if you put in something like "abt 1910" in the birth date field, you will get better search results from your tree as well.

Also... look around at other sites as well as ancestry. I found the marriage license for a Curtis L Peck and an Anna R Fisher in 1899 in East Waterford, Juniata Co, PA. If these are definitely your people, it lists their parents which will take you back another generation. This is found on familysearch.org. Here is the link for the license:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF9D-2XG

If you click on the "view image" you will be able to see the actual document which will let you verify the transcription listed, and will give you additional information for these people. You may have to sign up on the site to be able to open the image, but it is a free site.

Hope this at least helps somewhat. If I can be of further help, feel free to respond here or email me at lindad612@hotmail.com.

Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TravLane 4 Feb 2013 1:57PM GMT 
ld612 4 Feb 2013 10:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic