Search for content in message boards

KRAEMER/KRAMER/CRAMER/CREAMER

Replies: 11

Re: KRAEMER/KRAMER/CRAMER/CREAMER

Posted: 2 May 2011 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Ginny, sorry it took so long to reply. My name is Matt Cramer and I can be reached at ancestry@beyondzero.net

I have been slowly going through records here. My great-great-grandfather is James Knox Polk Cramer, and I have recently visited his grave with my father at Mt. Nebo Cemetery here in Lancaster County. My father knew my great-grandfather, Enos Cramer, was buried there, but he never knew my great-great-grandfather's name.

I believe my great*3 grandfather is Valentine Cramer. My father said he thinks he remembers hearing "Valentine" or "Valentin" as a name said by his grandparents, when he was a kid. Based on the public member trees and this topic, I believe Valentin was the grandson of Johannes Peter Kramer.

The story of Johannes Peter and Johannes Michael coming from Germany, as brothers, is familiar to my father, who recalls hearing that when he was young. I found here on Ancestry the records of the ship Molly from Rotterdam carrying Palatines from Germany, with the brothers listed. I believe that is the German Pioneers book. The records for them are very good, but what I do not know is where Valentine is buried and what happened to him, or what happened to his father.

I have more cemeteries to search, a very old one in Mt Nebo that is no longer used; the one in Lancaster City, and possibly others in Martic Township, where my branch of Cramers lived - Valentine appears living there on the 1840 census so he may be buried elsewhere.

Thank you for your help! I will send this to you via email as well since you indicated you no longer subscribed to ancestry.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
immisty038 16 Mar 2011 11:57PM GMT 
beyondzero 2 May 2011 9:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions