Search for content in message boards

moore and bastian families in lycoming county

Replies: 18

Re: Moore families in Lycoming County

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 8:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Lois,

I don't recall seeing any Moore tombstones in the Callahan Cemetery. Like I said there are only a few stones and to the best of memory I only recall seeing the name Callahan on them. I am a 8th generation direct descendant of the English brothers who came and settled the Little Pine Creek Valley. My family history is spread out throughout the whole valley and just about everyone buried in those old cemeteries scattered throughout the valley are my ancestors.

I have info on a Isaac Moore and I don't seem to think he is your ancestor. According to the info I have, he had the following children: Nelson, Dennis, John, Mary, Deborah, and Sarah.

There is another cemetery called the Callahan Cemetery its located between Waterville and English Center. This road is the same road that Little Pine StatePark is located on. From Waterville, you will pass the state park. Along the way is a sharp curve which takes you across an iron bridge. About a mile or less before the bridge, on the left-side of the road is the Callahan Cemetery. It sits back from the road and there is a house closeby. In this cemetery are Callahan and Cole family members. I don't recall any Moores.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rick007vt 7 Nov 2001 1:31AM GMT 
Nancy K. 22 Nov 2001 8:56AM GMT 
lpostemal 24 Apr 2002 11:16PM GMT 
Nancy K. 25 Apr 2002 3:13AM GMT 
hounddawgs200... 20 Jan 2004 12:49AM GMT 
LoisFrancesch... 24 Dec 2003 4:57AM GMT 
rick 25 Dec 2003 9:02PM GMT 
LoisFrancesch... 25 Dec 2003 9:45PM GMT 
Sue 4 Jan 2004 3:43PM GMT 
ljfljf 4 Jan 2004 3:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions