Search for content in message boards

Looking for Orgal's in Lycoming.

Replies: 3

Re: Looking for Orgal's in Lycoming.

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kim, I'm glad I could help. It is difficult when they change the name. Once I found Laura in the Social Security Death Index and found her death date I went to www.news.google.com/newspapers you will see at the top ALL NEWSPAPERS and the alphabet A thru Y. Click on the letter P and scroll down to The Pittsburgh Press and click on it. In the Date box type in what year of the paper you want and the months of the year will come up. If you want to look at Laura's obit click on December 1980 and go to the December 6, 1980 paper and go to page 7. You can make the newspaper print bigger by clicking on the icon on top of the page.

I found Joseph Gasiewski's obit in The Pittsburgh Press-August 28, 1962. He is also in the Social Security Death Index. His obit states his wife is Laura Orendowski and it has a list of his children. It is on page 15.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is also another Pittsburgh paper that you can look at googlenews.

At familysearch.org I just clicked on Parents and typed in Helen Orendowski and Alice Orendowski's names. It brought up their children's marriages. If you type in Laura Orendowski it will bring up Virginia Gasiewski's marriage. Also Type in Laura Orgal and a couple of her children's marriages will also come up.

If you are looking for death dates for people in Pennsylvania just google PA death indices. The death indices are from 1906 thru 1963. You will have to go through each year. It's tedious but I have found the death dates of my relatives that way.

There is a death certificate at ancestry for Kasimer Orendowski in Pittsburgh. He died Feb. 26, 1919. Born in Poland March 15, 1859, his parents are stated as Stanislaus and Catherine Orendowski. The Informant who signed his DC is Veronica Orendowska. He was buried in St. Stanislaus Cemetery. If you go to findagrave.com you will find Veronica Orendowski buried at St. Stanislaus-born 1868 died 1943. The PA death index says she died in Pittsburgh on 1/16/1943.

Kathryn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kim Christen 29 Apr 2014 12:34AM GMT 
kathrynalexan... 29 Apr 2014 10:32PM GMT 
Kim Christen 30 Apr 2014 7:50PM GMT 
kathrynalexan... 30 Apr 2014 10:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic