Search for content in message boards

Birth record question-need to bounce off locals

Replies: 0

Birth record question-need to bounce off locals

Posted: 25 Jun 2014 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: MITCHELTREE, MITCHELL
I have a grandfather born either 1870 or 1875, in supposedly S. Williamsport, my dilemma is am not sure if who I have listed as his mother is actually his mother, she was not married to father (name speculation) and since it is so far back havent found records online. So I am going to take a trip to the county. The mother was not married until after said grandfather was born, any ideas from anyone on where to look while in the County, I plan on hitting historical society. Is there an online site maybe that I could get a list of churches that were in operation at that time that I could write for maybe a baptism record. The mother did get married at a church in Nesbit, and would like to find that church so I can see if it is still standing and get pictures. the grandfather is William B. Mitchell, mother Catherine Jane Mitcheltree who married Major Andrew Wandel, her father is James Mitcheltree. William is listed on the 1880 census as William Wandel, but in later censuses he is listed as living near Catherine and listed as Mitchell. I am thinking she either had child out of wedlock or maybe the child is from a sister? but I dont have sibling info either, also I have not been able to find Catherine on the 1870 census.
so am basically looking for search help any ideas are welcome!

Find a board about a specific topic