KNOPSNYDER

Replies: 2

KNOPSNYDER

Donovan Yingst (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KNOBSCHNYDER, KNOPSNYDER, RESLER, MOORE
KNOPSNYDER

My wife's 2g-grandfather, William RESLER, was b. 27 Sept. 1813 and d. 25 Nov 1909, Genoa, Nance Co. Nebraska. According to his NE Death Certificate, he was born in Mifflin, PA and his mother was Elizabeth KNOBSCHNYDER (KNOPSNYDER ?). His father is not shown. A typewritten "family history" says that William was one of thirteen children and he was thought to have had a sister named Sophia, who m. John RHODES.

William RESLER m. Louisa OSENBAUGH 25 Jan. 1835 in Wayne Co., Ohio. A Sophia RESLER m. a John RHODES in Wayne Co., Ohio on 23 Oct. 1838; A Catharine RESLER m. a John PIPER on 28 Dec. 1837, also in Wayne Co., Ohio. It would seem this Sophia and Catharine, as well, probably were William's sisters.

Johannes KNAPSCHNEIDER (KNOPSNYDER) was b. 1729 in Germany and came to PA in 1753. He settled in Moore Twp., Northampton Co., PA and m. a woman nameded Catharina. They had at least six children: three boys -- Johannes or John, George and Conrad; three girls -- Sybilla, Regina and Catharina. I know that George probably was not Elizabeth's father. Conrad moved on west to Bedford Co by 1790 and to Somerset Co. by 1810. John apparently stayed mainly in Columbia Co.

John was b. abt 1765. He was in Northumberland Co. in 1810 and 1820; Somerset, Milford Twp. in 1830; Columbia Co., Sugarloaf Twp in 1840 and living with David MOORE, apparently his grandson, in Northampton Co., Moore Twp. in 1850. Also, he was listed as a member of the St. Gabriel Church, Columbia Co., Sugarloaf Twp. on 8 Aug. 1812.

At this point, John KNOPSNYDER appears to be the best candidate for Elizabeth KNOBSCHYDER'S father. I would like to hear from anyone that has information about this family or can help me in any way.

Donovan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Donovan Yingst 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
sesame11 2 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
ch47smith 21 Aug 2013 11:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions