Search for content in message boards

HORANGIC FAMILY

Replies: 2

HORANGIC FAMILY

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HORANGIC
I am working on my family tree- REIDINGER + HORANGIC (Boydtown) Pa. While backtracking on the HORANGIC name to get additional information on original birth country, I found the marriage license of Parascevia "Pearl" Chwastiak and Nicetas HORANGIC. I was surprised that they had different names on the license. Nicetas HORANGIC's true and written name is listed as Nicetas CHORONZAJK. Pearl's true written last name was listed as Parascevia CHEVASTIAK.Both of them listed their native country of Russia. They were married on May 12, 1900 by Reverend Koustawkiewicz- this name was hard to read. License # 9653. My mom Mildred HORANGIC told me that CHORONZAJK was the real name but over time the name was written as the phonetic soundindex of HORANGIC. I usually use the soundindex converter while comparing last names. Using the soundindex converter revealed that HORANGIC and CHORONZAJK has the same soundindex number of H652-Horangic and C652 Choronzajk.So they sound the same while being interviewed by a census taker in the 1900's. I have a problem with their parent's names that are listed on the net. Will keep checking !!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PAXINOS145 22 Apr 2013 11:53PM GMT 
TomSalony 23 Apr 2013 3:37AM GMT 
resey45 5 Aug 2013 2:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions