If you could be so kind to send that information to me that would be great. I have only been working on my roots for a few short years now. Mostly since I have been using the Internet. I find it all very interesting and connecting to the past. I believe our Great Grand Fathers (also grand ma's, grand pa's, etc.) had a very strong faith and I am trying to follow in their foot steps.
My Mom & Dad passed away in 1994. We were very close but I guess I never asked a lot of questions about my Great Grand Father Joseph. Now I wish I had. My Uncle Hank gave me the info. on the town in Pa. Shamokin that they were from and that they moved from there about 1900 because he did not want his sons to have to work in the coal mines. So they moved to Wisconsin and started Farming. I also know that my Grand Pa Frank Socha used to go back to visit Shamokin with my Uncle Frank Socha Jr., Least up into the 1960s.
Thank you for any information you can send me. I will also share this information with my brothers and sisters. And with some cousins here in Wisconsin and in Wyoming.
God be with you,
Mike & Soledad
Contact Name: Mike & Soledad Socha
Screen Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Address: 2451 So. 6th Street
Descendants of Joseph Socha
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH1 was born 1856 in Poland Germany, and died 1937 in Krakow, Wisconsin. He married JOSEPHINE SWITALSKA. She was born 1857, and died 1919 in Krakow, Wisconsin.
More About JOSEPH:
Burial: 1937, Krakow, Wisconsin
More About JOSEPH SOCHA:
Fact 1: 1880, came to US from Poland-Germany per 1920 census
Fact 2: went to Pennsylvania to work in the coal mines
Fact 3: 1900, he did not want his children to have to work in those same mines
Fact 4: coal mines were in Shamokin, PA, area
Fact 5: moved to WI sometime around 1900
More About JOSEPHINE SWITALSKA:
Burial: 1919, Krakow, Wisconsin
Children of JOSEPH and JOSEPHINE SWITALSKA are:
2. i. FRANK2 SOCHA, b. November 24, 1894, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. November 1981, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
ii. JOSEPH SOCHA JR., b. March 02, 1883, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. January 19, 1934, Krakow, Wisconsin; m. PAULINE ZAWITAJ, August 13, 1906; b. December 27, 1886, Buffalo, New York; d. October 27, 1987, Krakow, Wisconsin.
More About JOSEPH SOCHA JR.:
Burial: 1934, Krakow, Wisconsin
More About PAULINE ZAWITAJ:
Burial: 1987, Krakow, Wisconsin
iii. JULIANNA SOCHA, b. May 31, 1885, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. February 20, 1952, Milwaukee , Wisconsin; m. JUDZIEWICZ, 1901.
More About JULIANNA SOCHA:
Burial: February 23, 1952, St. Adalbert Cemetery Section 6 Block 51 row 20 Grave 10 Milwaukee, Wi.
iv. ANTHONY SOCHA, b. January 07, 1888, Shamokin, Pennsylvania.
v. GEORGE SOCHA, b. April 08, 1890, Shamokin, Pennsylvania.
vi. STELLA SOCHA, b. November 16, 1893, Shamokin, Pennsylvania.
vii. PETER SOCHA, b. January 05, 1892, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. January 1973, Big Bend, Wisconsin.
viii. STEVE SOCHA, b. December 25, 1896, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. December 21, 1964, Krakow, Wisconsin; m. SOPHIE; b. April 01, 1894, Il.; d. September 27, 1971.
More About STEVE SOCHA:
Burial: 1964, Krakow, Wisconsin
ix. BOLESLAUS SOCHA, b. September 16, 1899, Shamokin, Pennsylvania; d. 1980, Waterford,Wisconsin; m. HELEN; b. January 28, 1897; d. 1977.
Generation No. 2
2. FRANK2 SOCHA (JOSEPH1) was born November 24, 1894 in Shamokin, Pennsylvania, and died November 1981 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. He married STANISLAWA LESNIEWSKY 1916 in Milwaukee,Wisconsin. She was born January 28, 1898 in Poland Russia, and died November 12, 1989 in Pulaski, Wisconsin.
More About FRANK SOCHA:
Burial: November 1981, Krakow, Wisconsin
More About STANISLAWA LESNIEWSKY:
Burial: November 1989, Krakow, Wisconsin
Children of FRANK SOCHA and STANISLAWA LESNIEWSKY are:
3. i. ERVIN3 SOCHA, b. April 30, 1917, Milwaukee,Wi.; d. November 06, 1994, Milwaukee,Wi..
ii. LUCILLE SOCHA, b. 1919, Milwaukee,Wi.;
iii. EUGENE SOCHA, b. June 11, 1920, Milwaukee,Wi.; d December 1970
iv. RAYMOND SOCHA, b. November 1, 1921; d July 5, 1946
v. CECELIA SOCHA, b. January 04, 1923; d September 1967
vi. CHESTER SOCHA, b. 1924.
vii. ALICE SOCHA, b. 1925.
viii. CLARA SOCHA.
ix. BABY SOCHA.
x. HENRY SOCHA, b. January 17, 1928; d April 3, 2003
xi. FRANK SOCHA JR., b. April 25, 1929; d December 17, 1994
xii. ROBERT SOCHA, b. April 16, 1930; d November 13, 1997
xiii. ADELENE SOCHA.
xiv. THERSA SOCHA.
xv. VIOLET SOCHA.
xvi. TEKLI SOCHA, b. 1938.
xvii. JOHN SOCHA.
xviii. MARGIE SOCHA.
Generation No. 2
2. STEVE2 SOCHA (JOSEPH1) was born December 25, 1896, and died December 21, 1964 in Krakow, WI. He married SOPHIE MARCHELSKI.
Children of STEVE SOCHA and SOPHIE MARCHELSKI are:
5. i. IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, b. November 19, 1930, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
6. ii. AGNES SOCHA, b. February 20, 1923.
7. iii. EDMUND SOCHA, b. October 31, 1928, Krakow, Wisconsin; d. June 23, 1995, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
iv. JULIUS E. SOCHA, b. January 30, 1932.
8. v. ROBERT T. SOCHA, b. March 25, 1926, Krakow, Wisconsin; d. April 09, 1993, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
vi. LUCILLE SOCHA, m. ANDREW FLAUM, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
vii. STANLEY SOCHA.
viii. ALEX SOCHA.
ix. MAX SOCHA.
x. GERTRUDE SOCHA, m. KARCZ.
xi. RONALD SOCHA.
3. JOSEPH PETER2 SOCHA (JOSEPH1) was born 1883, and died January 19, 1934. He married PAULINE ZAWITAJ August 13, 1906, daughter of PETER ZAWITAG and AGNES SKSNCAK.
More About PAULINE ZAWITAJ:
Fact 1: ss# 390-22-4642
Children of JOSEPH SOCHA and PAULINE ZAWITAJ are:
i. CASIMIR STEVEN3 SOCHA, b. February 03, 1910; d. March 08, 1987; m. ADELINE ELEANOR SKARZINSKI.
ii. PETER SOCHA, b. May 18, 1908; d. April 14, 1973; m. DOROTHY BOTZET.
More About PETER SOCHA:
Fact 1: ss# 396-22-3328
iii. ROSE SOCHA, b. March 19, 1914; d. March 19, 1914.
More About ROSE SOCHA:
Fact 1: died at birth
Fact 2: was twin to Josephine Socha
iv. JOSEPHINE SOCHA, b. March 19, 1914; d. August 14, 1996; m. JOSEPH MURDZEK.
More About JOSEPHINE SOCHA:
Fact 1: Irene Socha's godmother
v. FELIX SOCHA, b. June 09, 1916; d. December 14, 1976.
9. vi. HELEN SOCHA, b. October 01, 1917.
vii. SOPHIE SOCHA, b. April 21, 1919; d. November 03, 1992; m. HERBERT BOHM.
viii. HARRY JOSEPH SOCHA, b. September 21, 1921; d. November 02, 2002; m. DOROTHY DOLORES MULLOY.
ix. ANN AGNES SOCHA, b. March 15, 1924; d. September 17, 1991; m. ALBERT JOSEPH CZECH.
x. HARRIET SOCHA, b. February 10, 1927; m. FRANK SKARZINSKI.
Generation No. 3
3. ERVIN3 SOCHA (FRANK2, JOSEPH1) was born April 30, 1917 in Milwaukee,Wi., and died November 06, 1994 in Milwaukee,Wi.. He married IRENE EVELYN PUZEN January 07, 1942 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. She was born March 29, 1924 in Sobieski,Wi., and died July 11, 1994 in Barraboo,Wisconsin.
More About ERVIN SOCHA:
Burial: November 10, 1994, Pulaski, Wisconsin
More About IRENE EVELYN PUZEN:
Burial: July 14, 1994, Pulaski, Wisconsin
Children of ERVIN SOCHA and IRENE PUZEN are:
i. GERALD NORMAN4 SOCHA, b. August 14, 1942.
ii. GARY MARVIN SOCHA, b. November 26, 1945.
iii. KAREN JOAN SOCHA, b. February 09, 1950.
iv. MICHAEL DAVID SOCHA, b. July 08, 1956.
v. NORBERT ERVIN SOCHA, b. February 20, 1958.
vi. MARY JEAN SOCHA, b. January 25, 1960.
Generation No. 3
5. IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA (STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born November 19, 1930 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. She married NORBERT FLORIAN BRYLSKI June 21, 1952 in Pulaski, Wisconsin, son of AUGUST BRYLSKI and ANGELINE KASPRZYK.
Children of IRENE SOCHA and NORBERT BRYLSKI are:
11. i. MARK ANTHONY4 BRYLSKI, b. April 16, 1953, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
ii. MICHAEL STEVEN BRYLSKI, b. April 11, 1954.
iii. GREGORY NORBERT BRYLSKI, b. May 16, 1955.
12. iv. CHRISTOPHER AUGUST BRYLSKI, b. March 30, 1957, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
13. v. GEORGIANNE BRYLSKI, b. May 06, 1958, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
vi. BENEDICT FRANCIS BRYLSKI, b. October 04, 1959.
vii. NORENE MARIE BRYLSKI, b. December 18, 1960.
14. viii. GERALD MARTIN BRYLSKI, b. December 18, 1961, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
ix. WILLIAM JOSEPH BRYLSKI, b. February 14, 1963.
15. x. MARY THERESE BRYLSKI, b. May 14, 1964, Pulaski, Wisconsin.
16. xi. ROBERTA LOUISE BRYLSKI, b. March 07, 1966.
xii. JULIANNE BRYLSKI, b. June 03, 1968, Two Rivers, Wisconsin; m. SCOTT RAY WARNER, April 14, 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada.
xiii. THOMAS ALEXANDER BRYLSKI, b. May 06, 1967.
6. AGNES3 SOCHA (STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born February 20, 1923. She married ROMAN S. MATCZAK August 31, 1946 in Krakow, Wisconsin.
Children of AGNES SOCHA and ROMAN MATCZAK are:
i. RANDY4 MATCZAK.
ii. RICHARD MATCZAK.
iii. ARLENE MATCZAK.
iv. SUE MATCZAK.
v. BERNIE MATCZAK.
7. EDMUND3 SOCHA (STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born October 31, 1928 in Krakow, Wisconsin, and died June 23, 1995 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. He married (1) ALICE LASECKI. He married (2) ALICE LASECKI.
More About EDMUND SOCHA:
Fact 1: US Army Vet, Korean Conflict
Children of EDMUND SOCHA and ALICE LASECKI are:
i. DOUGLAS4 SOCHA.
ii. SANDRA SOCHA.
iii. DEBRA SOCHA.
iv. SOPHIE SOCHA.
8. ROBERT T.3 SOCHA (STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born March 25, 1926 in Krakow, Wisconsin, and died April 09, 1993 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. He married NORMA MACHINSKI June 17, 1950 in Pulaski, Wisconsin.
Children of ROBERT SOCHA and NORMA MACHINSKI are:
17. i. JAMES A4 SOCHA.
18. ii. PAUL J SOCHA.
iii. JOHN SOCHA.
19. iv. CONNIE SOCHA.
9. HELEN3 SOCHA (JOSEPH PETER2, JOSEPH1) was born October 01, 1917. She married JOHN KEENEN.
Child of HELEN SOCHA and JOHN KEENEN is:
i. DAMIAN4 KEENEN.
10. ERVIN3 SOCHA (FRANK2, JOSEPH1) was born 1917, and died 1994.
Child of ERVIN SOCHA is:
i. MIKE4 SOCHA, m. SOLEDAD.
Generation No. 4
11. MARK ANTHONY4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born April 16, 1953 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. He married KATHY ANN GRABOWSKI August 14, 1982 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Children of MARK BRYLSKI and KATHY GRABOWSKI are:
i. ANTHONY ROBERT5 BRYLSKI, b. February 21, 1985.
ii. STEFAN JOHN BRYLSKI, b. April 15, 1987.
12. CHRISTOPHER AUGUST4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born March 30, 1957 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. He married JANE MARIE DAHLIN July 18, 1992 in Mounds View, Minnesota.
Children of CHRISTOPHER BRYLSKI and JANE DAHLIN are:
i. SAMARA ANN5 BRYLSKI, b. November 02, 1998.
ii. ISAIAH BRYLSKI, b. 2002.
13. GEORGIANNE4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born May 06, 1958 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. She married PETER LIESCH May 23, 1980 in Neenah, Wisconsin.
Children of GEORGIANNE BRYLSKI and PETER LIESCH are:
i. KATHERINE ELIZABETH5 LIESCH, b. October 12, 1982, Okinawa, Japan.
ii. ALEXANDRA MARIE LIESCH, b. June 18, 1986, Jacksonville, Florida.
More About ALEXANDRA MARIE LIESCH:
Fact 1: Down's Syndrone
iii. MARGARET ALLISON LIESCH, b. February 18, 1992, Rochester, New York.
14. GERALD MARTIN4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born December 18, 1961 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. He married SANDRA BETH BLANKENSHIP September 11, 1993 in Eagan, Minnesota.
Children of GERALD BRYLSKI and SANDRA BLANKENSHIP are:
i. MARCELLA ROSE5 BRYLSKI, b. October 09, 1998.
ii. MADELEINE IRENE BRYLSKI, b. October 09, 1998.
15. MARY THERESE4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born May 14, 1964 in Pulaski, Wisconsin. She married (1) RICHARD SCHOMMER. She married (2) MARC EDWARD JUSTMANN January 30, 1993 in Tacoma, Washington.
More About MARC EDWARD JUSTMANN:
Fact 1: September 1996, Buried in Dubuque, Iowa
Cause of Death: Heart Attack
Medical Information: Diabetes
Children of MARY BRYLSKI and MARC JUSTMANN are:
i. DANIEL EDWARD5 JUSTMANN, b. December 09, 1993.
ii. ANGELA MAY JUSTMANN, b. September 26, 1995.
16. ROBERTA LOUISE4 BRYLSKI (IRENE LAURA3 SOCHA, STEVE2, JOSEPH1) was born March 07, 1966. She married DALE JOHN MARCELLE August 03, 1991 in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
More About ROBERTA LOUISE BRYLSKI:
Fact 1: firstborn: Autumn Ray Brylski
Child of ROBERTA BRYLSKI and DALE MARCELLE is:
i. AMANDA MARIE5 MARCELLE, b. October 01, 1987.
17. JAMES A4 SOCHA (ROBERT T.3, STEVE2, JOSEPH1). He married MARGY.
Children of JAMES SOCHA and MARGY are:
i. CURTIS5 SOCHA.
ii. SAMANTHA SOCHA.
iii. JOSEPH SOCHA.
iv. DAVID SOCHA.
v. MITCHELL SOCHA.
18. PAUL J4 SOCHA (ROBERT T.3, STEVE2, JOSEPH1). He married DEBRA.
Child of PAUL SOCHA and DEBRA is:
i. TAY5 SOCHA.
19. CONNIE4 SOCHA (ROBERT T.3, STEVE2, JOSEPH1). She married STEVE WISNESKI.
Children of CONNIE SOCHA and STEVE WISNESKI are:
i. JOSHUA5 WISNESKI.
ii. JUSTIN WISNESKI.