The St. Vincent's Orphanage in Drexel Hill, Upper Darby, PA was built 1917-1920 on the site of the former Anthony J. Drexel estate. Over 100,000 people came to it's dedication in 1920. St. Vincent's was staffed by the Sisters of Charity until 1952 when the remaining orphans were moved to St. David's, PA and the Drexel Hill building vacated. This information was taken from the Archbishop Prendergast High School website which now occupies the orphanage building. During the 1940's the orphanage girls attended West Catholic High School in Philadelphia, PA. and listed St. Vincent's, Drexel Hill, PA as their address in the WC yearbook.