Posted: 8 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ricket, Fisher, Scott, Speers, Ater, Fry
Abstracts of Washington Co Pa Will Book #4
Ricket, Gasper W Bethlehem twp (pg 380)
Dated 2 Nov 1828 Probated 23 Dec 1828
Exec: John Horn, Zephaniah Beall, Esq.
Wit: George Egy, Jonathan Garver (Garber)
Bene: WIFE: Charity SONS: Adam, John, Christopher. DAU: Elisabeth Ricket, Christena Fisher, Ann Mary Scott, Eve Speers, Susannah Ricket, Margaret Fisher, Catherine Ater, Mary Ater GRANDSON: Daniel Fry

Will of Gasper Ricket Deceased
In the name of God Amen I Gasper Ricket of West Bethleham twonship Washington County & State of Penna being sick in body but of sound memory & understanding thanks be to Almighty God for the same, calling to mind that all have to die and to be better prepared to meet that death do make this my last will and testament in the following manner (viz) First I resign my soul to its creator in all humble hope of receiving everlasting rest through a blessed Redeemer as a being Infinitely Good and my body to be intered in a decent and christian like manner at the descretian of my Exrs hereafter named as to what worldy goods that it has pleased God I am possessed of. I wish disposed of as follows after my debts and funeral expences are paid. I give unto my beloved wife Charity during her natural life the use of my whole estate both real & personal & at her decease all my land to be appraised by disinterested men & after such appraisment is made, my son Adam may take the land at the appraisment if he thinks proper by paying the rest of the heirs hereafter named their shares and at my wifes death aforesaid I give unto my grandson Daniel Fry sixty dollars, I give unto my daughters Elisabeth, Susannah & Christena fifty dollars each. I give unto my son Adam Ricket for his past services rendered me one hundred & fifty dollars, the resideu of my estate to be equally divided between all of my children namely Elisabeth Ricket, the heirs of Catharine Ater, Mary Ater, John Ricket, Ann Mary Scott, Eve Speers, Susannah Ricket, Christopher Ricket, Adam Ricket, Margaret Fisher, Christena Fisher, the heirs of Catharine Ater to receive one childs share & the rest of the children each to have share & share alike. I further order & direct that no rents be demanded of my son John for the farm he now lives on as I allow the same to go towards the improvements he has made on the place aforesaid as I consider him at this time more than compensated for the work done. I do constitute and appoint my particular friends John Horn & Zephaniah Beall Esqr Exers of this my last Will & Testament in witness whereof I have herunto set my hand and seal this second day of Novemr 1828.
his mark (X) Gasper Ricket (seal)
Signed sealed and delared by the Testator as his last Will & Testament in presence of us: George Egy, Jonathan Garver

Washington County ss: Be it remembered that on the 23d day of Decr AD 1828. Before me Robt Colmery, Register for the probate of Wills and granting letters of Administration in and for said county came the subscribing witnesses George Egy and Jonathan Garver to the within last Will and TEstament of Gasper Ricket dece who being duly sworn according to law sayeth that they were personally present and did see the Testator therein sign this Will and did hear him publish pronounce an declare the same, as and for his last Will and Testament. That at the time of his so doing he was of sound and disposing mind, memory and understanding to the best of their knowledge, observation and belief. George Egy, Jonathan Garber

Sworn and subscribed before me R Colmery, Regr.
December 23d 1828. Letters Testamentary with copy of the will and probate annexed issued to John Horn and Zephaniah Beall executors within.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmwkeltz 8 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
11roadrunner 21 Feb 2005 9:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic