Search for content in message boards

Wyoming settlement and massacre

Replies: 5

Wyoming settlement and massacre

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 9:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a relative of Winchester Mathewson and his sons Elisha Nero and Constant. Winchester died 4 years before the massacre , probably an Indian attack . Blood was found every where but no body. Winchester had purchased 400 acres from the Susquehanna Company in Connecticut. Son Nero was murdered during the attack on July 3 , 1778. Constant and Elisha joined the militia . Constant was killed at Mud Creek. Only Elisha lived to be discharged by George Washington 7 1/2 years later. I am looking for information about Oliver and Guy Mathewson who owned land in Wyoming County in 1800 via the Susquehanna company. I lose track after that. I believe Oliver is my great great great great grandfather BUT without any more info I am at a dead end. He is contemporaneous with Elisha Mathewson. I have only found one reference to Guy Mathewson in the History of Athens , Pa I am hoping there is more news in Wyoming County.
Winchester's mother was and Inman . There were many Inmans at the Wyoming Massacre. I am also related to Mr Swetland on my mothers side (Stemples, Kelly, Boardman, Lull, West, Tuttle, Ayres. Place) all of Tunkhannock. Hope there are other histoey buffs with more information than I have . I have been reading everything I can find on the Revolutionary War history of this area. Really,John Franklin, Elisha Mathewson and Ethan Allen trying to make a new country in Wyoming County , phew what a bunch LOL
LInda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dabulewicz 26 Feb 2012 4:14PM GMT 
Kat2832 27 Feb 2012 4:26PM GMT 
dabulewicz 28 Feb 2012 7:29PM GMT 
Kat2832 27 Feb 2012 4:33PM GMT 
dabulewicz 28 Feb 2012 7:23PM GMT 
dabulewicz 28 Feb 2012 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions