Search for content in message boards

Wheelers In Hanover

Replies: 0

Wheelers In Hanover

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wheeler
My Wheeler family has been in Rockingham County, Virginia for about 300 years. However, I was always told by family members that my Wheelers originally settled in the Hanover, Pennsylvania area probably in the early 1700s. Sometime in the 1700s, a part of the family moved south to Rockingham County while the rest remained in the Hanover area.

It is this transition time that my information on the family stops. I have information on the family members in Rockingham County but nothing before that. The furthest back I have is my great great grandfather James Wheeler who was born in Rockingham County, Virginia around 1801 and married Lucinda Sipe in 1828.

I have seen record of a William Wheeler born in Pennsylvania around 1781 and was living in Rockingham County, Virginia prior to the 1850 census. I have also seen William's name associated with Wheelers in Rockingham County that also appear to be associated with James and Lucinda. William's wife appears to be Sarah, who was born in Virginia, likely in Rockingham County. I am thinking that William may have been part of the family that left Hanover and was James' father but I have no solid proof of either.

I am looking for any information on the Wheelers in the Hanover, Pennsylvania area in hopes of making the connection between the two parts of the family and know more of the family's early history. Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions