Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth (Shambach/Shambaugh) Kesting obituary

Replies: 3

Re: Elizabeth (Shambach/Shambaugh) Kesting obituary

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Ed,

I don't know where Elizabeth Kesting died. Edward died first, in Philadelphia, and his death certificate says he died of TB.I tried to find a record for Elizabeth's death in Philadelphia...no success...and I figured she either died in York, because her parents were there, or in Baltimore, where she and Ed lived before they moved to Phila. (I had heard from a distant family member that Elizabeth's three children were raised by her sister in Baltimore, but I just realized that the sister was not married until 6 years after E.'s death.) There are no estate papers for her in York Co. So I will try again to find her in Phila. in 1888.

Re: Carl Henry Shambaugh....I'm curious about the death notice for him. I don't remember ever seeing that. Where did you find it? The info in it is not correct. The number of years back in York before his death may be right, tho on his death certificate his wife says it was 7 years, but he was never an attorney in Baltimore. If you can find that again, will you please forward it to me?

He disappeared from the York Area in about 1905 and was found again in Baltimore in 1915. He was originally an attorney in York from about 1995 and was a partner with Frank M Bortner for a time. During the 10 years he was missing, there was someone with a similar name in GA & TN but so far no proof it was the same person. He had numerous jobs after 1915 when he was in Baltimore but the last one I have record of was in 1929 & 1930 when he owned a poultry farm in Reisterstown, MD

(If you ever want to research for a fee, I'll be glad to hire you to find out why he left the practice of law in York Co.!)

Many thanks again for all your help in answering my many requests!

Helen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HelenSanders5... 19 Aug 2013 7:12PM GMT 
edmorrill786 24 Aug 2013 9:16PM GMT 
HelenSanders5... 25 Aug 2013 8:41PM GMT 
edmorrill786 31 Aug 2013 1:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions