Frederick Kottcamp in 1854 left Minden in Prussia

Replies: 7

Re: Frederick Kottcamp in 1854 left Minden in Prussia

JoAnne Everhart (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2003 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2003 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Kottkamp, Schroeder, Finke
I too am a descendant of Frederich Kottkamp through my paternal grandmother, Charlotte Marie Finke Everhart. Her grandmother was Catharine (aka Catherine/Kate) Kottcamp who married Heinrich Franz Schroeder, also an emmigrant from Oberbauerschaft Westphalia Germany. Catharina was the youngest daughter in the family. She was born in 1841 in Oberbauerschaft Germany and arived in Baltimore in 1854 with the rest of the Kottkamp family. The name of their ship was the Wesser. I have a copy of the ship's manifest which lists them by name and age, I have much information regarding the Kottkamp, Schroeder, and Finke families. This includes a copy of Frederich Kottkamps's will. his obituary notice and the obit notices of his daughter Catharina Kottkamp Schroeder and another daughter Charlotte Lafean Kottkamp. There was another Kottkamp daughter, Maria (aka Mary), who married Henrich (aka, Henry) Lucking, another emmigrant from Oberbauerschaft. Freiderich owned and operated a butcher shop and tannery on N. Penn St. in York City. I will be happy to share any information I have, and would like to hear from any other descendants of Frederich.
My Grandma Charlotte always said that her greatgrandfather, Frederich Kottkamo, was a "real gentleman, a man who came here with only his family, no wealth, and built a nice life in America."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Earle Lafean 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Marilynn Ruth 21 Apr 2003 6:05PM GMT 
denise flynn 22 Apr 2003 12:14PM GMT 
Marilynn Ruth 23 Apr 2003 8:34PM GMT 
denise flynn 23 Apr 2003 8:45PM GMT 
Marilynn Ruth 6 Feb 2004 7:49PM GMT 
JoAnne Everhart 4 May 2003 9:34PM GMT 
Edward Ledger... 17 Feb 2013 8:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions