Search for content in message boards

Hellam Furniture Company

Replies: 22

Re: Hellam Furniture Company

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I'm spending a snowy evening on the computer here in Maine, and am giving our grandchildren some cast antique deer handed down to me from my great grandmother whose husband, my great grandfather, was Aquilla Fauth. Aquilla Fauth was one of the owners of the Hellam Factory.I thought I would try and track anything posted for the "Hellam Furniture Factory" and came upon your post. I was born and raised in Hellam and learned to swim in the mill pond by the factory. Since both my parents have passed away, and this type of information that never seems important until later in life, I am very interested in investigating the history of the factory. I do know that he was forced to sell it during the hard times of the depression. As a child in the fifties, my brother and I and our friends would sit at the ground level windows and talk to the workers inside the factory. I remember the amazing smells of the wood being worked on. I do have a small three dimensional cardboard display advertisement for the company and do know that grandfather Aquilla did go to trade shows in New York and Chicago to promote the furniture. This is all the history I have, but would appreciate it if anyone can add to it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judy Pavich 23 Sep 2001 2:21AM GMT 
jchinderer 23 Sep 2001 5:06AM GMT 
Judy Pavich 23 Sep 2001 7:52PM GMT 
jchinderer 24 Sep 2001 4:42PM GMT 
Sharon 30 Sep 2001 3:12AM GMT 
GlendaYaksich 12 Oct 2001 9:42PM GMT 
brbabin1 9 Jun 2010 1:48PM GMT 
gjpavich 11 Jun 2010 5:46PM GMT 
brbabin1 12 Jun 2010 1:52PM GMT 
di3ted 18 Jan 2011 11:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions