Search for content in message boards

SCATTON, Frances I., 1914-2009

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

SCATTON, Frances I., 1914-2009

Posted: 27 Jan 2009 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: SCATTON, MARCHETTI, MONSORNO, MARANKE, ROCK, GRANT, SUNDRA, CATTON
From Hazleton PA Standard-Speaker, Mon. Jan. 26, 2009

Jan. 24,2009
Frances I. Scatton, 94, for­merly of Carson Street, Hazleton, and who lived with her daughter in Sugar­loaf, died suddenly Satur­day morning at Hazleton General Hospital.
Born in Drifton on Oct. 22, 1914, she was the daugh­ter of the late Louis and Loretta (Monsorno) Mar­chetti.
Frances was a member of Most Precious Blood Roman Catholic Church, Hazleton.
Preceding her in death, in addition to her parents, were her husband, Frank P. Scat­ton Sr., who passed away Sept. 4, 2004 and to whom she was married 60 years; a son, Frank P. Scatton Jr., who passed away Sept. 28, 1985; brothers, Louis, Albert, Val­entine, William and Joseph and a sister, Josephine Maranke.
Surviving are a daughter, Mary Louise Rock and her husband, John, Sugarloaf; a daughter-in-law, Donna Jean Grant and her husband, Lew, Sugarloaf; a sister, Mrs.
Joseph (Catherine) Sundra, West Hazleton; grandchil­dren, Dr. Jonathan Rock, Philadelphia; Jaime and Marybeth Scatton, Sugar­loaf; Dana Rock, Philadel­phia; Atty. Jeanyne T. Catton, Sugarloaf; Travis Grant, Washington D.C.; and numerous nieces and neph­ews.
Frances was a loving wife, mother and nurturing grandmother and will fond­ly be remembered and loved.
The funeral will be held on Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.
from Fierro Funeral Home, 26 W. Second St., Hazleton, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial that will be celebrated at noon in Most Precious Blood Church.
Entombment will followat Calvary Cemetery.
Friends may call on Mon­day from 5 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
Memorial contribution can be made to the Hazleton chapter of the American Cancer Society in memory of Frank P. Scatton Jr.

Find a board about a specific topic