Search for content in message boards

SHOEMAKER, Samuel I., 1877-1960

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

SHOEMAKER, Samuel I., 1877-1960

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jan 2013 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: SHOEMAKER, LOVE, ROGERS, ENDY, STECKER, SCHAFFER, KELLER, LENKER, DOOLING, MICHALES
Reading Eagle, January 3, 1960, Sunday

Former Rail Union Head Dies
Samuel I Shoemaker Succumbs at 83
Samuel I Shoemaker, 83, of 620 N 6th Street, a retired Reading Co conductor, past vice president of the National Association of Retired Veteran Railroad Employees and former rail union head, died in the Community General Hospital.
born in Llewellyn, Schuylkill County, the son of the late Charles and Sarah (Love) Shoemaker, he was a member of the Reformed denomination. His wife, Emma (Rogers) Shoemaker, preceded him in death.
Shoemaker began his career with the railroad as a brakeman in 1900 and retired as a conductor in 1942. During his retirement he served as vice president of Reading Lodge No 229. Organized Railroad Conductors and was a member of the P. and R. Relief Assn., and Railway Veterans Assn.
Surviving are a daughter, Pearl B, wife of Solis W Endy, of Reading; a son, Howard I., of Philadelphia; two great-grandchildren; three sisters, Mrs. Jennie Stecker, of Harrisburg, Mrs. Edwin Schaffer (NOTE-previous name is wrong should be Mrs. Lottie Schaeffer Keller) and Mrs. Charles Lenker, both of Locustdale; a step-son, Wade Dooling, of Wilmington, Del., and a stepdaughter, Catherine, wife of Louis Michales, of Allentown.
Services will be held Wednesday at 2 pm from the Francis F Seidel Inc. Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Warren E Adams officiating. Burial will be in Charles Evans Cemetery.
++++++++++++++++++
Reading Eagle
January 4, 1960
Shoemaker, On the 1st int., Samuel I Shoemaker, age 83 years.
Services from the Francis F Seidel Inc Funeral Chapel, 117 N 5th Street, Wednesday at 2 pm. Interment in Charles Evans Cemetery. Friends may call Tuesday evening 7 to 9.
Francis Seidel, Inc.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions