Search for content in message boards

Aaron Rehrer of Pine Grove Twp.

Replies: 1

Aaron Rehrer of Pine Grove Twp.

Alice C. Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rehrer, Wagner, Daniels, Berkheiser
I am searching for the parents of Aaron Rehrer b. abt. Feb. 11, 1856, d. June 11, 1914 in Pine Grove Twp. Aaron lived next to the schoolhouse formerly (I think Route #443). In Pine Grove Historical accounts of school, reference is made to it being next to Rehrer's farm, before the school children were moved to Mars Schoolhouse? He worked in the Lincoln Colliery, down the road from his farm, and died of miner's asthma. He had a daughter, Alice Lucy Rehrer, who married Arthur Daniels of Lykens Twp., Dauphin Co., Pa. Arthur and partner were instrumental in starting the first bottling works in Pine Grove. His advertisement is in some of the Pine Grove memorablia. I write this, as it may help someone to connect with Aaron. I think that he was related to Hesikiah Rehrer-m. Zimmerman.
Aaron married Mary Alice Wagner of Wayne Twp. Her parents were Joel and Sophia Wagner. Sophia's maiden name may have been Berkheiser from Wayne or Washington Twp. They are all buried in St. Peter's Lutheran Church Cemetery in Pine Grove.
I have sent to Pottsville for birth records which were not available before 1873. So now my only hope is someone who may be a Rehrer or Wagner descendant. I have gone through church records, but not much luck. Would appreciate any help from anyone, even if remotely related to a Rehrer. Each little bit of information helps to solve the puzzle.
Alice
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alice C. Hahn 13 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
William Bagle... 2 Oct 2012 9:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic