Search for content in message boards

Disowned Sarah Jane Griffith-Ireland to Canada where she was widowed to the USA.

Replies: 2

Re: Disowned Sarah Jane Griffith-Ireland to Canada where she was widowed to the USA.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi
I am glad you read old posts! Yes I figured if anybody recognized the story it would mean possibly solving the riddle because I know so little about the death of Robert Cooke except it had to be after 1837 and the birth of Daughter Catherine Cooke. All I know is that Sarah Jane Griffith Cooke left Brockville Ontario with an American man, going with him to somewhere in the USA and having a second family with him. As I stated a son of the second marriage did get in touch with his Cooke half brothers in Lansdowne Tp., Leeds County, Ontario Canada.
I can find no record for any second marriage in Brockville, (Across from Morristown, St Lawrence County, NYS.)
So she may have married in the USA? Have you any dates for your Sarah Jane Hall? Birth? Marriages? Death place? Where did Mr Stoddard die? When? Did the children assume the Harding surname or did they remain Stoddard? Is there any history of one of the Stoddard children going to Ireland to look for Griffith roots? He failed in his attempt. But it is known that the son who visited the Cookes of Lansdowne sis indeed go to Ireland for that purpose.

Did she assume the name Hall? I could see Sarah Jane reverting to Griffith or remaining "Cooke" until she married the American fellow...
I think the first thing we need to do is to track down timing and dates if they can be found.
Thanks
Rob McGinn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jrmcginn1 28 Nov 2008 3:29AM GMT 
jztalk 10 Apr 2013 9:08PM GMT 
jrmcginn1 12 Apr 2013 12:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions