Search for content in message boards

Edwards Family (Fayette County & Surrounding Counties), Help!

Replies: 4

Edwards Family (Fayette County & Surrounding Counties), Help!

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edwards, Burwell
Howdy,

My name is Daniel Bacon, my grandfather Robert G. Edwards though living doesn't know much of anything about family history. His siblings seem to be bereft of information as well as they are not a close family. I'm in Michigan and I'd like really to learn more but I right now I'm leaning on a wing & a prayer on the hope that there may be records somewhere.

I have my grandpa's birth cert as he was born in Fayette County in 1939. I don't have anything to go off of but Census records.

My grandpas dad, John Graham Edwards died in 1985 in Ohio, but they were all raised in and around Fayette County. My grandpas mom, Mildred Armeda (burwell) Edwards. died when he was 7, believed to be about 1946-1947. John Graham worked in http://www.coalcampusa.com/westpa/connellsville/bitner/bitne... at some point.

I believe:

- John Graham Edwards, born about 1918 Fayette County, PA. Died in Ohio 1985.
- Mildred Armeda (Burwell) Edwards, born about 1922 in Washington County, PA. I'm assuming died in Fayette County 1946-1947.
- John W Edwards (Father of John Graham) was born about 1889 in I believe Fayette County as well. He was married to a Margaret that was born about 1891, she was born in Pa but unfortunately I don't know her maiden name.
- John Edward Edwards was born in Mar 1864, in PA I assume to be about the same general area as his decedents. His wifes name was Catherine, born March 1868, supposedly in Indiana. I do not know her maiden name or when they were married.
- James Edwards born in about 1840 in PA, again I assume to be the same general area. I do not know his spouses name at all or when he died.
- Joseph Edwards born in wales, in about 1818 with wife Hannah born 1820 they come to PA sometime before they had James in PA.

I know this is so much a limited landscape to go on this family is unbelievably difficult to track on line with no one knowing much of anything locally or within the current landscapes of the family. Could you at all check your local governments records of birth certs, death certs, and Marriage Licenses. I'd gladly pay for any pieces of these documents you may be able to proved to me.

Thank You so very Kindly,
Dan Bacon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bassburns 7 Jan 2013 9:30PM GMT 
carolynkeene1 8 Jan 2013 3:44PM GMT 
bassburns 8 Jan 2013 4:02PM GMT 
karenkrich 9 Jan 2013 11:31PM GMT 
bassburns 10 Jan 2013 1:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions