Search for content in message boards

Reich / Rich from Germany to Pennsylvania

Replies: 0

Reich / Rich from Germany to Pennsylvania

Posted: 14 Sep 2013 5:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Sep 2013 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Reich, Rich
Like a lot of people, I have traced my ancestry back to Hans Reich of Germany (b. 1610) and not gotten any further from there. I need so much more on the Reichs in Pennsylvania in the 1700s as well as their history in Germany since they are only one of two connections I have to any country that isn't Scotland.

More importantly though, I've noticed a huge section of our family line completely missing from everyone's research. I had no idea if it was because we changed from Reich to Rich in the 1800s (I have no idea why that was either). My branch of the family has been in Pennsylvania ever since Matthias Reich crossed the sea from Germany, and the Rich's of his line are still in that state today. So you can imagine how surprised I was to see the line of Christian Reich (Matthias' grandson) completely missing from all the trees I've seen. We changed from Reich to Rich somewhere between my 3rd and 4th times great grandfathers (Clifford Rich and Nathaniel Reich).

I'm happy to share any info and exchange any additional information anyone may have on the Reichs (or why a few changed to "Rich"). Additional Pennsylvania families that I'm inspecting are the Roupps, Quigels, and McCracken.

I have over 3000s people in my tree and I'm happy to share the wealth of information.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions