Search for content in message boards

Walker and Franks families from Pa to Upper Canada/Ontario 1790-1805

Replies: 0

Walker and Franks families from Pa to Upper Canada/Ontario 1790-1805

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 10:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2013 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Walker Frank, Franks
I descend from Peter John Frank and wife Mary ?________? Sometimes he was "John Peter"
He was born of unknown parents 1760ish I think in Pa but not sure. That means he would have married about 1785 . I do not know Mary's maiden name. They had at lest one child, John Adam Frank likely also born in Pa. ca 1798.
This family journied north to Canada about 1802-4 settling in Vaughan Ontario...just north of York, now Toronto Ontario. Quite a number of German origin folks made the trek from Pa to Canada in that time period.
Mary Died and was buried in the churchyard of Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church 08 July 1835.
Peter then married Jane Walker McLean of a Kingston Ontario Walker clan 22 Nov 1837, same clergyman.
Although she was getting beyond child bearing years Jane had twins Julia Ann and Elizabeth Ann 24 Oct. 1840.
Peter and Mary's son John Adam Frank married Elizabeth Walker of the same clan (from Kingston), 24 Mar 1822. Elizabeth has to be Jane's younger sister born about 1804 in the town of Kingston to Edward and Christie Walker.
Son John Adam Frank married Elizabeth Walker of the same Kingston family.
Now Kingston is a good 160 miles from Vaughan/Toronto region, a big distance back in 1800! Maybe the Walkers and the Franks knew each other in Pa?
John Adam frank died 04 July 1883, Elizabeth Walker his wife died 17 Nov 1879.
Looking for links to any Pa USA families, Walker or Frank, to get back more generations.
The Kingston Walkers were tavern and later hotel owners, brothers Robert John and Edward.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions