Search for content in message boards

JOHNSTON, Lancelot

Replies: 0

JOHNSTON, Lancelot

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Johnston, Johnstone, Johnstoun
I came across the rather uncommon name of Lancelot Johnston while researching this year Johnston families in Co. Fermanagh, Ireland. Within a month I had an inquiry about Lancelot Johnston who died in Pennsylvania, U.S.A., in 1814 and had come from Ireland. I was not familiar with this line and suggested that the person find a male Johnston in her line and have his Y-DNA tested with FTDNA. As luck would have it his Y-DNA test came back matching the line of John Johnstoun, SCOTLAND, ancestor of the ancient Chiefs of Clan Johnston/e. It must be Karma, or something good :-)

In addition, he joined 8 others in our Johnston group with very close matches. We have our group site on Yahoo. It is a private group, so one needs to have a specific Y-DNA test result or a proven paper trail to a current member in order to join as we have considerable research information posted which some would like to remain within "our greater family".

As we are less than 3% of the total number of Johns(t)on/es tested we cannot do research requests unless they are part of our Johnstoun Group, but I will help anyone interested in having his Y-DNA tested.

Here is the link to our group on Yahoo:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JohnJohnstoun/info

If you do have a Lancelot Johnston in your family tree I would encourage you to have a male Johnston in your family take a Y-DNA test - it's painless, just a quick swab of the inside of his cheek.

Good hunting,

Clifford Johnston
Pearland, Texas

Find a board about a specific topic