Search for content in message boards

James Temple from Lycomng County, Pennsylvania, may have located to Elk County, PA lumber camp where he was killed in lumbering

Replies: 0

James Temple from Lycomng County, Pennsylvania, may have located to Elk County, PA lumber camp where he was killed in lumbering

Posted: 29 May 2014 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 May 2014 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: TEMPLE, REECE, REESE, WOODSIDE
I am seeking information on a James Temple (b. 1838 Penn Township, Lycoming County d. 1865) from Jordan Township general area of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, who may have gone to Elk County, Pennsylvania, or surrounding area, to work in the lumber camps. James was married (m. 1859) to my Gr-grandmother Rebecca Alice (Reece/Reese) Temple Woodside (b. 1844 d. 1917.) Family story from his gr-grandson has it that he may have left to work in lumber camp in Elk County, and was killed in 1865 by a tree falling on him. One source says his body was never found. SO, if his body was never found, how did they know he was killed by a tree falling on him? ANXIOUSLY SEEKING information on his death and where he may be buried or met his death. Would very much appreciate any help from anyone in Elk County area who may be able to access newspaper accounts, or other records, around 1865 about news in lumber camps, death notices, or whatever source may be found about him. Rebecca and James Temple had two sons John Lloyd Temple (b.1860) and William Henry Temple (b. 1865.) My Gr-grandmother Rebecca remarried (m. 1867) to 2nd husband James Herman Woodside of Jordan Township, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions