Search for content in message boards

Benjamin TAYLOR, b. 1761 son of Wm. TAYLOR & Elizabeth GRAY

Replies: 4

Re: Benjamin TAYLOR, b. 1761 son of Wm. TAYLOR & Elizabeth GRAY

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor
Good grief, do you know how many Benjamin Taylors there are? Especially in Rhode Island! I've been doing my family tree for over 30 years, including Taylors, and it isn't easy. The first thing to do is forget about what other trees you've seen. Trace your own tree. Start with family members with the last name you're tracing, see if you can find their birth records, marriage records, etc. Then go to census records, and look up people with the name you're looking for in the city and state they lived in. When you find them as ccildren, then check 20 years later, or so to find THEIR families, and then check 20 years later to find the children with THEIR families. Maybe if you do it that way, you'll find the line that connects to yours. And don't worry if the wife's name is different from the one you have. The mortality rate was high back then, and it's entirely possible your ancestor was married several times. Good luck, and contact me if you hit a snag!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mawentling 16 May 2012 6:16PM GMT 
LQQKER 12 Jun 2012 4:24AM GMT 
mawentling 12 Jun 2012 11:17AM GMT 
mawentling 28 Oct 2012 1:06AM GMT 
jmax745 16 Dec 2012 10:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions