Search for content in message boards

Simpson's of Abbeville South Carolina

Replies: 1

Re: Simpson's of Abbeville South Carolina

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SIMPSON
Hello my name is Terry Stewart and I am still reserching my John Simpson supposively born in Abbeville Abbeville County South Carolina 1819 say's this on his Headstone in Countyline Cemetery Terryville Dewitt Co., Texas. Were this info came from, who in the Family had it are has it is unknown to me. But I have research many dead in's. I also have a cousin who got a Son of the Revolutionary Membership and checking his info can not prove that either as the wrong Greatgrandfather was used for the connection and thru the wrong son of the connection at that. Believe his father was a Robert Simpson who was in Abbeville about the time but can not connect the dots. The connection used was Robert Simpson of Wilkes Co., Ga. to his father Archibald Simpson but it seems they were never in Abbeville but had other relatives there thru Archibald's brother Rev John Simpson of North Carolina. The Connection used was William Simpson son David B. Simpson of Lavaca Co., Tx. William and Robert were son's of Archildbald of Wilkes Co., Ga. There were two books written about these two lines Rev. John Simpson and the Other about Archibald Simpson by a Max Perry from Midland Odesa Co., Tx. These book's may help some of you out in your research on your Simpson line but he did not address my Guy's. Also supposively there was Willam Simpson a brother or Cousin to Hannah Simpson Grant who lived in Abbeville S. C. but could not connect the dot's to my John Simpson missiing the Children of this William and his wife to my Line. If be any help or vice versua let me Know.
Thank You,
Terry Stewart
2110 Savanna Ct. N.
League City, TX 77573
twstew1@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TerryStewart5... 22 Apr 2004 3:47AM GMT 
terry6466 22 Oct 2012 10:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions