Search for content in message boards

John White - Born abt 1846 Anderson County SC

Replies: 0

John White - Born abt 1846 Anderson County SC

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Griffin
John M White is in the 1850 Census in Anderson SC with multiple women and children. He moves to Cherokee County Georgia by 1859 (according to his pension files). He is not found in any census in 1860. In 1867 he married Mary J Evans (Mitchell) in Murray County Georgia. In 1870 they are living in Cherokee county Georgia with their first Child. John died in 1930 in Cherokee County Georgia. His death certificate, filled out by his oldest son, lists John's father as unknown and his mother as Rebecca Griffin. I have a Rebecca White as one of the women in the home in Anderson South Carolina in 1850 age 25 so she could be his mother. I then have a Rebecca White with a 12 year old son living beside John M and Mary J White in Cherokee County Georgia in 1870. I cannot find any info as to who his father might be and I have no confirmation on his mother being a Griffin. The Rebecca White is in 1870 and 1880 census in Cherokee County Georgia but I have not found any death or remarriage info on her. I have been working on this brick wall for two years and would welcome any ideas! Thanks, Delane

Find a board about a specific topic