Search for content in message boards

Woodell/Williamson help!

Replies: 2

Woodell/Williamson help!

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williamson, Woodell, Herring, Small
Looking for the parents and further along for Aron Williamson and/or Victoria Woodell. I've been searching with all of my means (free web searches pretty much) and I cannot find anything about my great-great grandfather and very little about my great-great grandmother. I'd like to go further down my Williamson/Woodell line but it simply drops off with these two names. My family is excited to find out more as well.

Details, real names, as well as spellings are sketchy with this family and living descendants know little. (My grandmother is also illiterate.) All information posted below is with a big question mark.

Aron Williamson: Other name possibilities: Iron (I've seen this used), Aaron, Ira. Aron was born, at best guess (with a 10-20 year give figuring in spouses' birth year), around 1870, possibly in Robeson Co., NC. The family is supposedly Native American, I'm guessing Lumbee (Croatan?) or Cherokee. The family migrated at some point to Union Co., SC.

Victoria Woodell: Other name possibilities: Mary Victoria, Victorine (her granddaughter was named Victoria, "nickname" Victorine), or last name possibly Woodall. Victoria was born in 1874 in Robeson County, North Carolina, daughter of David H. Woodell (B: 1843 Robeson Co.) and Catherine Small (D: 1884 Robeson Co.). This family is also possibly Lumbee, Croatan, or Cherokee.

Aron Williamson and Victoria Woodell wed and they had 7 children:

William David Williamson
Thurmond Williamson (B: 16 Jun 1916 Robeson Co.; D: 18 May 1983, Dillon Co., SC; B: Greenlawn Cemetery, Dillon Co., SC)
Nomy Williamson
Annie Williamson
Bertha Williamson
Charles Williamson (B: 1912; D: 8 May 1967, Dillon Co., SC; B: Greenlawn Cemetery, Dillion Co., SC)

And my great-grandfather...
Lucius Williamson was born 7 Apr 1900 in Robeson Co., NC. In 1923, he married Eunie Bell Herring (Herron?).

Date of death and location for Aron Williamson is unknown, and I'm scared to speculate. Victoria Woodell Williamson died in Dillon Co., SC, date unknown.

If you are able to help with additional information, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jen Edwards 15 Apr 2009 11:49PM GMT 
victoriacox12... 12 Sep 2012 2:05AM GMT 
victoriacox12... 12 Sep 2012 2:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic